Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
4 yrs/26 mill for a 24 yr back with half the mileage of demarco.

i'm sure we were willing to do that contract for demarco last year, why not for miller when he's just as talented but younger and fresher?
The difference is Demarco was a bruiser back, i think Miller is a back who will wear down if he gets the lion's share. Reading the Dolphins forum has me a little:patrice:about Miller, they acknowledge he's a good player but they felt HOU overpaid for him.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Miller would have been nice. But I dont know why people crying over this..

I mean Miller was drafted in round 4. So was Devonte Freeman. Hell we got Murray in the 3rd...we could honestly find someone of that caliber in the 3rd or so and they'd look just as good behind our line. It's alot cheaper and we can spend that money elesewhere...I mean you could pay Miller 6m or a pay a rookie 1m and possibly get similar production .We were a top 10 rushing team last year with no passing game.
QB
RB
WR
DE
DT
CB1
SS
LB

All are holes on our team right now. We cant expect to fill all or even most of these holes in the draft. We had a chance to address the RB position for at least the next two years if we wouldve signed lamar. Now, we go in to the draft with yet another hole on this team. Also, you cant just say rbs can be found in any round of the draft. Different teams have different rankings on these players, so a back we may have a 4th round grade on may be drafted much earlier than that. Also, there is no certainty we even draft a back :snoop:

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
QB
RB
WR
DE
DT
CB1
SS
LB

All are holes on our team right now. We cant expect to fill all or even most of these holes in the draft. We had a chance to address the RB position for at least the next two years if we wouldve signed lamar. Now, we go in to the draft with yet another hole on this team. Also, you cant just say rbs can be found in any round of the draft. Different teams have different rankings on these players, so a back we may have a 4th round grade on may be drafted much earlier than that. Also, there is no certainty we even draft a back :snoop:
Yea true. There is only perceived value when it comes to the draft, I'm just saying you can find good rb's later with ease. And I don't expect us to address every single hole. That's unrealistic and injuries occur too much in the NFL to be flawless.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
QB
RB
WR
DE
DT
CB1
SS
LB

If you have good QB play most of those holes don't matter or can be overcome

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
The way these FA contracts are going, we need to worry about locking up guys like Frederick/Martin before they hit the open market. I'd rather do that then overpay for some overrated dude like Vernon.
If there's one thing I trust this incompetent front office to do it's locking up their cornerstone Olinemen they drafted with premium picks.

I expect Martin and Frederick to get deals in the $50-60mil range. Expensive and perhaps overpaying for interior linemen, but it will indirectly benefit the QB, RB, and WR play.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm worried about the Giants. They're loading up. Janoris Jenkins was a good pick up for them. We need to sign someone impactful this off-season as a free agent.

Broad Street Bully

Sick & Tide Sixers/Phillies/Cowboys fan smh
Daps
Reppin
Philly. Fucc a Eagle. I mean dat.
Woulda been a nice birthday gift had dude signed
full

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lost in all this is that the Eagles addressed their Safety needs already.

Chiefs tagged Eric Berry.

Chargers are in a position to draft Ramsey.

We might be able to steal Weddle on a reasonable 2 year deal if he continues to fly under the radar :patrice:
Thats why im not mad. My biggest want this offseason was weddle. I wanted to see less of wilcox and church back there. A secondary of weddle and jones was the most important thing this offseason. I cant take this defense series if church and wilcox are our safety nets.i like mitchel. I can tolerate one of either Claiborne and carr an sign some mid level cb.

Safety, 1technique were our biggest holes.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I'm worried about the Giants. They're loading up. Janoris Jenkins was a good pick up for them. We need to sign someone impactful this off-season as a free agent.
Even with DRC and Janoris, they still can't cover Dez, Witten, or Beasley. I'm not worried.

Vernon just played alongside with Suh and Wake and didn't even look like a $50mil player. And they just gave him $85mil :mjlol:

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
QB
RB
WR
DE
DT
CB1
SS
LB

Some of those holes arent as pressing as others. Im not worried about wr. Unlike Mo I think well get the best T Will and it will actually be pretty good. Qb? Heyyyy. Rb can be fixed in round 4 easily.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Terrance saw Marvin jones contract and started studying film asap im sure. Jones isnt much better than him.