Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I haven't even been posting in the offseason thread like that cause I really don't care much but what? Giants offense elite? Lay off them drugs fam lol
8th in ppg and have the best WR in the game :ld:

Maybe not elite but they were good

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
8th in ppg and have the best WR in the game :ld:

Maybe not elite but they were good
If you said good I probably wouldn't even quoted you and the numbers don't tell the story most times and you know that. We were good in some defensive categories when we had Murray 2 yrs ago cause the D wasn't on the field like that were we elite/good cause of the numbers?

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
When we drafted Byron Jones last year :laugh:
giphy.gif

I ain't trippin on the pick. I was good at just about any defensive position. Can't front like I know much about dude so gotta see how this one plays out.

That being said, he has a chance to compete for one of the top 3 corner spots, immediately.

6'1, 200 physical corner with hands. Great tackling ability. Niggga looks lame tho which we're gonna need in the locker room. A "hey guys, we're teammates" type of dude that can keep the beef down. Looks like he reads the bible in the locker room too, that's good. Looks like he'll take on the personality of Garrett off the rippa and tuck in his tshirts in his jeans with sneakers on. An overall good guy.

Do whatever it takes to get a DT that can come in right away and start. I don't like the idea of giving up our 3rd rounder but if we have to, I understand :(

I can't lie. I'm disappointed as fukk. I thought it was a pipe dream to wish for Malcom Brown to still be there at 27.

He's still there at 27 :gladbron:

We roll the dice on a Combine Warrior with limited tape at a position that gets exposed every other play :snoop:

How ya'll feel about him now :youngsabo:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
If we don't get somebody to replace T-Rex then that is going to get me about 70% of the way their to not watching one cowboys game this year...

I don't give a fukk if we just take Megatron jersey and put it opposite Dez...it will probably catch more passes than Williams

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
dont mean to sidetrack thread, but didnt know where else to put this.

someone should start up the official texas rangers 2k16 thread.

"Yu Back? Yu fukked up - 2016 tx rangers thread"

or

"Best Texas team in sports coming for the throne "

or something like that, but more creative.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
If we don't get somebody to replace T-Rex then that is going to get me about 70% of the way their to not watching one cowboys game this year...

I don't give a fukk if we just take Megatron jersey and put it opposite Dez...it will probably catch more passes than Williams
:scust: you disdain for Baylor. Man fukk that, TWill gonna make plays as long as Romo is back there and Brice is gonna feast too. Keep an eye on him.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
:pachaha: @BigE214 with the :troll:

Cant wait til the new draft thread for the overreactions :mjlol:
I was dead ass serious. That was my first impression. Just looking back at the last two year draft threads, I can't believe we've been wanting to upgrade Hayden and he's still a starter. I'm all for DT or Ramsey first round.

And it was like @LurkMoar was aiming to get bumped this year. His post were so absurd they couldn't have been his serious feeling about someone who he hadn't seen lace em up.
dont mean to sidetrack thread, but didnt know where else to put this.

someone should start up the official texas rangers 2k16 thread.

"Yu Back? Yu fukked up - 2016 tx rangers thread"

or

"Best Texas team in sports coming for the throne "

or something like that, but more creative.
I'll be on that later.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
We got Cedric Thornton. $18mil/4yrs.

Thornton, 28 in June, started all 16 games for the Eagles in 2014, posting 36 tackles, one sack, and three fumble recoveries, one of which he returned for a touchdown. In that season, the Southern Arkansas alum graded as the league’s 20th-best 3-4 defensive end, according to Pro Football Focus (subscription required), and was especially proficient against the run, where his +11.3 grade placed him eighth at his position.

This past season, Thornton racked up 32 total tackles, 1 sack, and 1 pass deflection. PFF (sub. req’d) rated him as the 44th best defensive tackle in the league with a 76.2 grade. That slotted him just behind fellow unrestricted free agents Haloti Ngata andAkiem Hicks.