Could you survive 5 days in..

Could you?

• Total voters

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Earth isn't a poisonous planet nikka :gucci:
Here we take a look at the most poisonous plants in the Amazon rainforest, so you know what flora to look out for when trekking through the jungle.
Strychnos Nux-blanda loganiaceae Yellow Fruit From Forest

1. Strychnos Plants

Strychnos is a genus of flowing plants that are infamously poisonous. The plant is found in the Amazon jungle and it is often used in creating poisonous arrows that kill through contact with blood and asphyxiation. The plant itself has a very unpleasant scent, green oval leaves, and a red fruit that is the size of an apple.

2. Curare Plants

The South American Curare vine is native to the Amazon basin. The vine can climb up to 30 meters high and 4 inches thick at its base. The underside of the vine’s heart-shaped leaves has a soft and silky texture. The plant is commonly called “Velvet Leaf.” Similar to Strychnos plants, the vine is used to create poisonous arrows.
Brugmansia Flower Is Very Similar To Trumpet

Brugmansia Flower Is Very Similar To Trumpet

3. Brugmansia (Angel’s Trumpet)

In the Amazon rainforest, the Brugmansia flower is used by shamans and medicine men to treat various issues by applying the medicinal plant directly onto the skin. The flowers are produced hallucinations that shamans use to predict disease and other misfortunes. The plant’s poison comes from the alkaloids found in the flower, and in large amounts can be deadly to a human.
Zombie Ant Corpse And Blooming Killer Fungus

Zombie Ant Corpse And Blooming Killer Fungus

4. Zombie-Ant Fungus

Not so much danger to humans but Carpenter ants should watch out for this one. In 2011 researchers identified four species of Ophiocordyceps unilateralis or “zombie-ant” fungus in the Brazilian Amazon that each targets a different variety of Carpenter ant. The ants become infected with the fungus when spores land on or become stuck to them. The spores then use enzymes to get inside the ant’s body where the fungus begins to grow inside of them!
The chemicals released by the fungus cause the ant to behave like a zombie, and within a week wander off to places where the conditions are suspiciously ideal for growing mushrooms, and then bite on to leaves before dying. The fungus then slowly sprouts from the ant’s head and grows a pod of spores which are fired onto the forest floor at night, to repeat the cycle and infect other passing ants.
Now that you know your poisonous Amazonian plants, you can safely view them from afar on your Amazon vacation. Contact us for more information.

BigBlackSea

All Star
Daps
Simple question. Could you survive 5 days in the amazon rainforest.
iStock-1315260875-1800x0-c-center.jpg

Your Equipment would be
Machete
Backpack
3 cans of beans
Glock pistol with only 3 bullets
Alcohol for treating cuts
Small portable tent
5 weather proof matches
One gallon of water

Your immediately saved after the 5 days and rewarded with 2 Mil and free therapy for life.
-Machete and hammer would make it easier. Gonna something sturdy need to bash things in, and a Machete might not be up par.

- Cans of beans would have to be some emergency shyt. Hardest part about this is that your diet is gonna be diminished due to the lack of carbohydrate sources. Yeah you can forage for some, but you'll be foraging all day to meet your daily caloric needs. Even just sitting around is gonna be taxing as your body expends calories to keep cool. I don't know how to forage without getting poisoned or hunt, so I'm fukked there.

- Glock won't do much, for hunting or self defense. Some 8 Guage birdshot for shooting a bird or slugs to hunt bigger game would be great. For something like a jaguar, a .44 magnum snub nose with hunting around would be a good sidearm. Not even gonna bother with a rifle, cause I'm not even gonna know the jaguar is there until he is trying to sink his teeth into my windpipe.

- Gonna need antibacterial, antifungal, histamine blocker, and like antivenom for the most common venomous species out there.

-Need iodine to clean water

Yeah, I'm dead with this list :francis:

Save $ not Hoes

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Easy work. I watch them boys building mud condos with pools on YouTube all the time. I been peeped the survival game in the woods.

☃ ೋ

Superstar
Daps
YOU CAN FAST. JUST MINIMIZE MOVEMENT AND CONSERVE ENERGY. DON'T CAMP TOO CLOSE TO THE WATER. THAT'S WHERE THE PREDATORS WILL BE. MAKE A QUICK WATER FILTER, USE ONE MATCH TO KEEP A FIRE GOING TO BOIL 3-4 GALLONS OF WATER. SIT AND WAIT IN YOUR TENT. HARDEST THING WOULD BE TO GET CONTAINERS FOR THE WATER.

Explain to me in your words, in this hypothetical scenario, what you would do to make a water filter