Could you be in committed or long term relationship with someone who has kids?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Naw cant do it, already a son of my own. Too much hassle, i watched a good man raise a little girl as his own for 12 years then she grew up & called him an ugly gorilla and the you aint my daddy. Who wants to go through that? Some women dont mess with me because i have a son but there are always ones who will :takedat:

the worse thing is you can be in a serious relationship with a chick who has a child and say after 4 years she can leave you, and you have no access to that child you basically raised because its not yours

:wtf:

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
Why didn't you marry an dude with kids of his own then? Possibly for the same reasons dudes here won't date single mothers. Hipocrit.
When we first started talking a relationship, let alone marriage was the furthest thing in my mind. He asked to be in a relationship, he wanted to share a life with my li'chirin, and he asked to marry me. I even asked him why me (1st time dating a chick with kids) when he has the option to have one without, he said he saw what he wanted in a woman and kids wasn't an issue.

I never pressured him and without me asking he's assured me thats what he wants.
typical thickums posting

ol you ain';t a real man if you don't look after me and my two offspring

we are bitter, scorned and cynical because we would rather a childless woman, than a woman without kids?

Typical Reincar putting words in my mouth, how about you put my dikk in your mouth and hop off my nuts :pacspit:

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When we first started talking a relationship, let alone marriage was the furthest thing in my mind. He asked to be in a relationship, he wanted to share a life with my li'chirin, and he asked to marry me. I even asked him why me (1st time dating a chick with kids) when he has the option to have one without, he said he saw what he wanted in a woman and kids wasn't an issue.

I never pressured him and without me asking he's assured me thats what he wants.

Tell the truth how many dudes with kids did you date before him? All things being equal I think most single mothers would rather date an guy without kids for the same selfish reasons guys have for dating an woman without kids. You know if the guy already has an kid you and your seed won't be the number 1 priority to him. So please stop with the holier than thou routine.

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
Tell the truth how many dudes with kids did you date before him? All things being equal I think most single mothers would rather date an guy without kids for the same selfish reasons guys have for dating an woman without kids. You know if the guy already has an kid you and your seed won't be the number 1 priority to him. So please stop with the holier than thou routine.

The only relationships (2) I've been in were with men who had kids and they were "part time parents". If anything they put their needs before their own kids, even if i suggest they handle the kid first. So in my mind looking at them I knew they (only speaking on the men I dated) were not marriage material.

I'm not a selfish person in the slightest and my dude knows I put him and my kids before myself and vice versa for him so it works out. :lift:

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
If a guy doesn't want to deal with women who have kids, that doesn't make him selfish at all..You women need to stop this nonsense..

There are plenty of Great single mothers who are taking care of business, much better than these women without kids...

But there are also a lot of single women w/o kids that are doing their thing as well.

If you are lucky to find someone to want to take on the responsibility of being in your life with your kids, be grateful..Because Truth is, some of you will be single forever.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
I know a chick with 4 kids who was mad at me cause She wanted me to deal with her and her kids, Hoe must of lost her mind :childplease:...Now her mission is to find a white man who will take care of her.

Blown Moon

All Star
Daps
I couldn't do it and I don't think it's selfish. I don't have kids and I wan't to share the experience of being a first time parent with the mother of my future kids. I don't wan't to be up in the clouds about my baby and it just be another day at the office for the mother.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only relationships (2) I've been in were with men who had kids and they were "part time parents". If anything they put their needs before their own kids, even if i suggest they handle the kid first. So in my mind looking at them I knew they (only speaking on the men I dated) were not marriage material.

I'm not a selfish person in the slightest and my dude knows I put him and my kids before myself and vice versa for him so it works out. :lift:

Most dudes who have dated single mothers know it's not going to be this drama free. Like I said earlier the odds are stacked against dudes without kids dating single mothers.

You've basically missed out on all the major milestones of an relationship and being subbed in like some third string quarterback during garbage time.

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
Most dudes who have dated single mothers know it's not going to be this drama free. Like I said earlier the odds are stacked against dudes without kids dating single mothers.

You've basically missed out on all the major milestones of an relationship and being subbed in like some third string quarterback during garbage time.

I see you're trying to paint a picture that ain't mines, we'll just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I couldn't do it and I don't think it's selfish. I don't have kids and I wan't to share the experience of being a first time parent with the mother of my future kids. I don't wan't to be up in the clouds about my baby and it just be another day at the office for the mother.

No matter how you look at it dating an single mother for an guy without kids is an Major "L".

I think that's where the term "simp" originated.

Blown Moon

All Star
Daps
No matter how you look at it dating an single mother for an guy without kids is an Major "L".

I think that's where the term "simp" originated.

I don't think it makes you a simp to be with a girl with kids, it's just not for me.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
:usure::heh:

actually go around the internet, and you will see single moms are the bottom of the barrel, its always a single mom who was lucky to find a "good guy" that thinks she is th exception, nah not really, men with options aren't beating down your door.

the perception of single moms is true, you don't have alot of time, money is tight, government subsidies, got to carry your young seed on dates if no baby sitter, stressed out over baby dad, your child is the most important thing in your life and they are a blessing from God:krs:

the only types of dudes who date single moms for the most part are guys who just want sex, child predators (step daddy/boyfriend are the highest molestation rate amongst boy / girls), nice guys (Rescuers), and 1% the odd man of value

^^^^^^ preach. :heh: