Could Sony Get Away With Pricing PS5 At $599?

could sony get away with pricing ps5 at $599?

• yes, fanboys would buy it regardless how expensive it is

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • nope, both MS consoles being cheaper would significantly cut into their market share

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • sony could do whatever they want. they barely even acknowledge microsoft as a competitor at this poi

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • no way they price it that high; the backlash would be too intense

Votes: 33 35.1%
  • that would just confirm the swagged out arrogant sony of old is byke

Votes: 10 10.6%

• Total voters

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Take your stan glasses off and recognize we're knee deep in a pandemic that has messed up people's finances - at least in the US. A lot of people can't get loose with money. 499 already isn't the cheapest in the world. 599 would be a tough pill to swallow.
If a hundred or two is going to break you then buying the console, or any console should be out of your thought process.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If a hundred or two is going to break you then buying the console, or any console should be out of your thought process.

Some ppl just budget that strictly anyway even if they do have it:yeshrug: nothing wrong with that especially if there's an alternative

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
No they absolutely can't and won't...

Last I checked that didn't work out to well for PS3 so why repeat that top 5 WOAT console launch?

Weaker hardware at a higher price is a certified flop, especially when 90% of your launch lineup is multiplat games...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You were not being sarcastic. Keep it a hunna...

:skip:

Are you copping a Series S possibly?
The smilies and the obvious tongue in cheek comment is lost on you?

I will cop a Series S because I have a One S that I don't see a reason not to upgrade. I hardly use it but if I can get rid of it for about $150 then another $150 is nothing to me. If it comes out before PS5 definitely. I will use it as a gamepass/hallway option(it's literally in the hallway on a monitor).

Last edited:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
How many gamers buy preowned games. :jbhmm:

I think this is a test for Sony to see how many people will pick up a cheaper digital edition and how that will convert in online sales. What I really think will happen is Sony will advance PS Now.

And, copy Nintendo formula with making accessories expensive.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
No they absolutely can't and won't...

Last I checked that didn't work out to well for PS3 so why repeat that top 5 WOAT console launch?

Weaker hardware at a higher price is a certified flop, especially when 90% of your launch lineup is multiplat games...
Like I said if they made the disc based one that price as a premium version and the digital only one the same price as the Series X they could do it. That’s the only way.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
they def could if they pull away and market it as something more.
telling you, if sony and MS hop off each others nut sack and stop associating, at least in the way of marketing, they could do what they want

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
The smilies and the obvious tongue in cheek comment is lost on you?

I will cop a Series S because I have a One S that I don't see a reason not to upgrade. I hardly use it but if I can get rid of it for about $150 then another $150 is nothing to me. If it comes out before PS5 definitely. I will use it as a gamepass/hallway option(it's literally in the hallway on a monitor).
Don't you have a gaming pc? Couldn't you just do game pass pc?

You don't use the One S and could get rid of it for $150. So, you'd spend another $150 on another console that you will most likely not use?

That's why I figured you were tongue in cheek but still truth in it. I'm trying to understand that logic.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don't you have a gaming pc? Couldn't you just do game pass pc?

You don't use the One S and could get rid of it for $150. So, you'd spend another $150 on another console that you will most likely not use?

That's why I figured you were tongue in cheek but still truth in it. I'm trying to understand that logic.
It being so cheap is why I'd say :yeshrug: You never walked into like Target or Bestbuy, saw something that you don't really need but just bought it because it's not that expensive? That's how $150 would feel to me. "Ehh I got $150 to spare lemme get that." Game pass on PC would suffice but I like to have the console so I can compare/contrast the differences so that when I speak on it people don't think I'm just running my mouth about something I don't know. :russ:

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
You can't really be telling people to not worry about buying a console based on finances when this year has messed up a lot of people as it is.

Its good if these companies understand that and try to accommodate

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
Not in this pandemic. They will have to sell at a loss like Xbox is doing. It's more to it than just a console; there are games, subscriptions, extra controllers, even televisions.