Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
JCPenney files bankruptcy - CNN :damn:

Wonder how many other big name retailers will go bankrupt in the next few months.

Waiting for that SEARS Chapter 7 (The Death Chapter). While I suppose most will go Chapter 11 (Timeout, we need to fire/forced retirement all Senior Employees that have high salary and fire the Temp/Low Wage Workers but keep our Executive Payments).

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

Some of them are for Trump, which isn't surprising, but Truck Drivers are like Coal Miners; automation is coming ahead to get rid of them. Unlike Coal, Truck drivers have a 20-30 year window? The thing is, and my Grandpa was a rig driver before he had to retire from Parkinsons, was that in the old days it was simple of doing a timecard but now because of regulations, you can't just drive.

You have to comply with a certain amount of time that you can drive, mandatory stoppage time, and other stuff.

But then when automation comes around, you can have machines that can drive all night.

Obviously self-driving cars need to be perfected, and then having the trucks dealing with ice/other stuff, but it's an industry that should have strong unions but it's like how it goes, "What the fukk do Liberals know?" and they vote a man that is slowly killing their industry, but even more so now.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Waiting for that SEARS Chapter 7 (The Death Chapter). While I suppose most will go Chapter 11 (Timeout, we need to fire/forced retirement all Senior Employees that have high salary and fire the Temp/Low Wage Workers but keep our Executive Payments).
Nieman Marcus and J Crew filed for chapter 11. Brooks Brothers is looking for a buyer. Eddie Bauer is only giving store credit refunds, which probably means they're broke.

Hertz is also struggling, market might get flooded with used cars :ohhh: