Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Oldschooler

All Star
Daps
So about 200 people protesting at sf city hall, and I expected magas but they're actually just idiots it seems :snoop:

Reopen California protest draws crowd to San Francisco City Hall
Unfortunately when you live in a country that has a history of providing zero safety net you have no choice but to push for the economy to open so you can make enough money to put a roof over your head and feed yourself. That $1200 stimulus doesn't go very far in high cost of living cities like san fran. Most are basically modern day slaves living paycheck to paycheck depended on the "system" to function.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Unfortunately when you live in a country that has a history of providing zero safety net you have no choice but to push for the economy to open so you can make enough money to put a roof over your head and feed yourself. That $1200 stimulus doesn't go very far in high cost of living cities like san fran. Most are basically modern day slaves living paycheck to paycheck depended on the "system" to function.
to get the 1200 stimulus you have to be making less than 75k...one already cant afford to live in SF if theyre making that.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Breh you ever drop the link to your podcast?

Got you with the time stamps and all fam :salute:. You know I appreciate the look! Thank you to all the heads that have checked us out, dapped and messaged with support too. It's motivating for sure!

This is the COVID heavy podcast we did. Normally we do a mix of lighter funny topics and serious ish but this one went all the way COVID (between lock down for a over a month and being in the hotspot, we wanted to get something more serious). Time stamps are below, the bolded parts are where I took the lead on the segments in case yall were wondering. Check us out fam, we always have some politics but we typically throw in either sports, pop culture or something we can joke on. Next week we'll definitely be covering the UFO stuff that's been popping as a segment just for an example.

Time stamps:
0:00 – Intro RIP Fred the Godson and personal thoughts after 30+ days of lockdown.

5:45 Bleach-gate (We play Trump's comments back and talk about people twisting to defend him as well as exaggerating to attack him when it's not really necessary with how dumb his statements are on their face)

9:30 NYC bleach poisoning calls spike (The real cause for concern after the dumb disinfectant comments...Trump supporters include a number of very foolish and suggestible people)

13:00 Debunking COVID misinformation (Hydroxychloroquine was the flavor of last week and vanished just as fast when we actually got reputable studies + people claiming the COVID death rates are overexaggerated just need to compare the rates of overall death this year to previous years to see how they're wrong)

19:00 Outta Line (Macy’s fires employees to save money but still pays for fireworks, protesters harass nurses and doctors, Vegas Mayor wants her constituents as test subjects but won't go herself because she "has a family")

24:20 Protesters Part 1 (A comparison of Kaepernick being attacked for taking a knee, a harmless action versus these protesters now who are endangering everyone else because they want the hair salon or the bar open...also they likely attacked Kaep their damned selves)

29:00 The economic pain aspect of the protests (There is an economic pain to some of these protesters demanding we reopen businesses, but it's misguided and should be aimed at government providing more support for the people rather than the largest corporations. A bottom-up approach to helping everyone).

31:00 The Small Business Loan program, too small and gifted to big business (This is an extension on the prior topic, adding some examples of the types of businesses that got small business loans. I only wish the Lakers news of getting one had dropped a day sooner)

37:00 Kenyan Governor adds Henny to coronavirus care packages (A funny side story about a Kenyan governor who wanted to add some stress relief to COVID care packages and got the WHO mad as hell)

40:40 Let Me Remind You (Kim Jung Un might be dead, Trump Derangement Syndrome at both extremes of commentary, Idaho Farmer donates millions of potatoes to anyone who needs)

46:00 Food being dumped while people go hungry (It makes a lot of sense to try and figure out a way to get all of the food farmers are forced to dumb right now and get it to as many people as we possibly can)

52:00 Governors have to sneak PPE past Federal (fam this story is insanity, it details governors dealing with bidding wars for supplies and then details one governor trying to sneak supplies that he bought to his hospitals before federal agencies could catch the supplies and confiscate them).

57:40 Cliff’s Notes version of this crazy ass story (Since the last segment is really crazy but also a lot of excerpt reading, I did a cliff's notes version that's a little more free wheeling and then my brother added in more examples of governors sneaking medical supplies to hospitals for fear of Federal interference).

63:00 closing remarks (just our goodbyes and some closing jokes)

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
cf463325-2854-497f-be42-4f841636fc0e-jpeg.2563748