Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Thanks fam, I've been fiending to write something in depth on the Knicks! I'll def drop the podcast here, it was damn near all COVID discussions (from debunking myths to being disappointed in how it's been handled) and I'd love to get feedback from the Coli fam.

The Sweden came out of nowhere for me. But my social media suddenly popped with some MAGA heads talking about Sweden successfully keeping their economy alive by keeping lighter restrictions. But they were selling that by claiming Sweden wasn't feeling any adverse effects compared to similar countries. What bugged me out about that claim is it took me less than 5 minutes to find the data which is clear as day that Sweden isn't doing well compared to its neighbors...but by this morning, I'd seen 3 people I know talking about Sweden and another handful of tweets about it. So the nonsense actually had some momentum to it. Five minutes to debunk and yet a gang of people were pushing the false info in a really short span of time.
Send the podcast breh

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
No question Sweden handled it better, they have higher deaths, mostly in assisted living facilities, that being said, I don't think the US could or even should have handled it the exact same way, but a measured, cohesive response from all officials, in unison, and a layered plan is objectively much better than the stop drop and roll we got in the US. Not that I blame NY and California for how the governors handled the crisis, what choice did they have?

Slightly more deaths in some areas, is better than mass devastation all around. The US should have been rolling out measures and health orders from December 2019.

The federal governments egregious arrogance has plunged the US into the deepest, widest, Recession in like 100 years, or maybe ever. Sweden doesn't have that, as of now.

Last edited:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Gov. Newsom orders Orange County beaches to close
By Amy Taxin, Adam Beam and Stefanie Dazio
California Gov. Gavin Newsom has ordered beaches in Orange County to close until further notice.

Newsom made the announcement Thursday, days after tens of thousands of people in Orange County packed beaches during a sunny weekend.

Newsom said he hopes the order won’t last very long. But he said he felt he had to do it to protect public health.

A memo to the state’s police chiefs on Wednesday indicated Newsom planned to close all beaches in the state.

But Thursday, Newsom said the order only applied to beaches in Orange County. Several California coastal communities have allowed beaches to be open with some restrictions.

San Diego local politicians were like "don't punish us, we didn't do anything wrong, it was those bad kids" like elementary school, good politics all around. This may push some OC lunatics closer to the edge.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Back to bad news.

Now doesn’t seem like the best time to start destabilizing the global economy but yeah, voiding debt would be a bad move long-term.

He won't do shyt.

He's just creating an enemy to attack for the election season. His "invisible enemy" bullshyt isn't working, polling numbers look terrible, so now he'll go at China. But won't do anything.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Lol at the clips Melber just showed on MSNBC Trumps been taking about beating this and opening up since the 500 death mark