Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
COVID-19 , WORLD vs THE UNSEEN ENEMY, Everyday Heroes, President Donald J, Trump, Vice President Michael R. Pence, Secretary S. Mnuuchin, Drs. Jerome Adams Deborah Birx Anthony Fauci Pre-Order, Historic Moments in History Series, All Profits Donated!

Grifters will grift

l5XD9uu.png

Bizarro world brehs.
Are those coins? That looks like some shyt you'd see infomercials for at 2 AM on basic cable in the '90s. :dead:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Are any of yall running into MAGA heads pushing the idea that Sweden is doing great as a way to say we need to reopen businesses? Where did this come from and how the hell are they even selling this idea? The numbers are clear as day that Sweden is doing poorly.
They're comparing Sweden to Italy and Spain instead of other Scandinavian countries which are a lot more similar to Sweden in population density and societal behavior.

Also apparently a member of WHO stated that countries starting to open up should use Sweden's model. Which in turn right wingers made into "WHO says Sweden is the model country" :hhh:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
OK on a less important note, does anyone knows what the D in covid 19 stand for

I know CO is corona VI is virus and 19 is the year it was discovered, what is D:patrice:

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Are any of yall running into MAGA heads pushing the idea that Sweden is doing great as a way to say we need to reopen businesses? Where did this come from and how the hell are they even selling this idea? The numbers are clear as day that Sweden is doing poorly.

Saw this going around yesterday

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
OK on a less important note, does anyone knows what the D in covid 19 stand for

I know CO is corona VI is virus and 19 is the year it was discovered, what is D:patrice:
In COVID-19, 'CO' stands for 'corona,' 'VI' for 'virus,' and 'D' for disease. Formerly, this disease was referred to as “2019 novel coronavirus” or “2019-nCoV”. There are many types of human coronaviruses including some that commonly cause mild upper-respiratory tract illnesses.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
They're comparing Sweden to Italy and Spain instead of other Scandinavian countries which are a lot more similar to Sweden in population density and societal behavior.

Also apparently a member of WHO stated that countries starting to open up should use Sweden's model. Which in turn right wingers made into "WHO says Sweden is the model country" :hhh:

I had a dude send me a graph of death rates for countries with more than 1000 cases. Basically his claim was that "Sweden's numbers are average compared to other European countries"...the list had 86 countries total and Sweden had the 5th highest death rate at over 12%

It's such a bizarre myth to perpetuate. I can't believe it's got legs. Same with the claims about COVID death totals being inflated. We have data to compare average death counts to what's happening this year, the excess deaths are crazy high in hot spots. I can't believe any of this stuff actually fools people.

Last edited: