hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Old school republicans turned Never Trumper

He gave us Sarah Palin
yup. i hate that trump is making people think guys like schmidt are moderates. if trump gets another 4 years people will be saying this type of not so crazy republican (gov dewine is in that group too) is damn near a democrat.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
yup. i hate that trump is making people think guys like schmidt are moderates. if trump gets another 4 years people will be saying this type of not so crazy republican (gov dewine is in that group too) is damn near a democrat.
Schmidt, Frum and Kristol have become the darlings of Higher Learning liberals :hhh:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I mean it’s been happening since Reagan. People like Jim Webb can be a Democratic Senator despite working for the Reagan administration.

There are people who are Democrats on this forum that would have been Republicans in the 70s and 80s, were it not for their race.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
That’s not true at all, it’s pretty much just Nap that posts those folks, we have all pretty much acknowledged that they are all grifters.
I don't view Frum or Kristol as grifters. Frum is a conservative intellectual, and neoconservative who can be somewhat reasonable on issues that don't involve bombing Brown people in the Middle East. Kristol is a war monger neoconservative.

I think both view Trump as a long term liability. Trump has largely maintained the US military empire but hasn't started new conflicts, which of course concerns neoconservatives. At home he has no basic interest in conservative economic policies outside of tax cuts. He's an isolationist and idiot, two things that some on the "intellectual" right loath. So I get why they hate Trump.