Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Ghost_In_A_Shell

Talk No Jutsu
Daps
I was going back and forth with this chick who is married to this black guy I went to school with. She's a white republican from Arizona. I've been seeing her post all kinds of random COVID memes and jokes for the last few weeks. Today, she's on there talking about Democrats dont want to open the country because they think the unemployment numbers will help them get Trump out. First of all, she doesnt work. Her husband, is a travel agent, he works at home. I'm sure he is not in the same place financially because travel requests have probably all but slowed but I said this to her,

You know what's sad. Republican voters know they their elected officials dont care about them. So what do they do? They go out and protest to so they can go back to work. Luckily this group is a small portion but still...Instead of demanding what other governments are doing for their citizens (monthly payments, rent freezes etc) to get through this pandemic they'd rather protest to go back and work by claiming they dont want a government hand out. Why? You pay taxes, its your fukking money!! Why not demand that they agree to at least 3 months of stimulus, taking us into the summer to see if anything changes? Because THEY KNOW the people they elected wont vote for it. They'll give money to the rich! They got tax cuts in the most recent stimulus bill. Big corps? What did they do with the windfall they got with the tax cuts from last year? Bought their stock. If the mulit million and billion dollar corporations can't maintain without bailouts after A MONTH, how can every day Americans do it? Demand what your tax dollars SHOULD be paying for. Dont risk my life, the life of others, your family and friends or your own, all because you chose to support a party who shows you time and time again, they dont give a flying fukk about you. Call your representatives and tell them time to earn your damn vote! I saw a woman with a I want a haircut sign!! So now to avoid increased unemployment claims they open everything back up and you want a more than likely low wage worker at Supercuts to have to come in and cut your fukking hair? This country has gone to shyt. In Taiwan, they are giving their citizens face masks at the train station and take their temperatures to prevent a person from getting a train full of people sick. We're telling people to back to work with 1% of the population tested. We're the shyt hole country.

She replied and said but arent you working from home? Well maybe you should leave and go back to Africa. Im going to give him to this afternoon to address this or its going to be a problem. Our other classmates jumped in cursing her out but I really want to see what he says about her response. I didnt even attack her personally just the idiotic thinking of Republican voters in general and also noted those protesting are a small portion. I cant wait to see what he says. We're in a groupme group together and one of the guys just told him to log on and check his bytch lol. I gotta stop going on facebook.

It's like they dont understand the difference between supporting an a political party with nuance and what could been seen as pure straight dogma. And did she really tell you to go back to Africa.Tell her pasty ass to go right on an airplane with no facemask back to the Corona hotspots in europe. And by the ways,someone posted on Instagram that america is an third world country with an Gucci belt, I'm starting to think that shyt is true giving corona

Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Valley of the SUNS
i mean this is what it's come down to, im not sure it's worth resisting at this point :yeshrug:

if you want to listen to donald trump and jesus and your local republican congressman, then go out and do it. more of these people will get coronavirus and die, and i think that's great

if you want to listen to the scientists and stay inside, then continue to stay inside and only go to the grocery store. your life should remain the same as it is now

i'm not interested in fighting people who want to insist on going outside. personally i'm going to do it on my own timetable

I understand the knee jerk reaction to say "fukk them". The problem is that the spread of virus and economic consequences don't work that way. A lot of the innocent people who are "following the scientist" are going to suffer too.

- More people out means more people spreading the virus, even to those who are just going on their quick grocery store run as you said. Those MAGA folks won't be taking the precautions to limit spreading and likely will infect some those who are otherwise following social distancing, stay-at-home, and hygiene recommendations.

- If businesses open, then some people will be put in a position where they are forced to choose between working in unsafe environment or losing their unemployment benefits...So they go back to work in order to feed and house their families. They then become carriers and on and on.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I understand the knee jerk reaction to say "fukk them". The problem is that the spread of virus and economic consequences don't work that way. A lot of the innocent people who are "following the scientist" are going to suffer too.

- More people out means more people spreading the virus, even to those who are just going on their quick grocery store run as you said. Those MAGA folks won't be taking the precautions to limit spreading and likely will infect some those who are otherwise following social distancing, stay-at-home, and hygiene recommendations.

- If businesses open, then some people will be put in a position where they are forced to choose between working in unsafe environment or losing their unemployment benefits...So they go back to work in order to feed and house their families. They then become carriers and on and on.
i understand all this, but what do you want to do about it? take up arms to enforce the stay at home order? which is pretty much a joke anyway, since anyone and everyone can go grocery shopping?

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
The guy who sits next to me at work said his mom and sister both tested positive for Covid 19. He knew they were sick and was around them and still came to work. They screen us before we come into the plant. They ask everytime we enter the plant if we've been in contact with anyone suspected of having Covid or is sick. The company will pay for our time off so he had no business being here. You probably won't be surprised to know he's a Trump supporter.

:francis:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The guy who sits next to me at work said his mom and sister both tested positive for Covid 19. He knew they were sick and was around them and still came to work. They screen us before we come into the plant. They ask everytime we enter the plant if we've been in contact with anyone suspected of having Covid or is sick. The company will pay for our time off so he had no business being here. You probably won't be surprised to know he's a Trump supporter.

What are you going to do?

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset

at that point why would he even want to go to work? paid time off if they think you have it and he still went :mindblown:
these people are backwards man

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
What are you going to do?

I'll probably work from home. Most my work can be done from home. Probably come in a day or two a week. We've been very proactive about this as a facility. The things we've implemented have been doing here have been recognized across all our facilities. Of course we're the only facility in a blue state so it's no surprise we're ahead of the curve.

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
at that point why would he even want to go to work? paid time off if they think you have it and he still went :mindblown:
these people are backwards man

Yeah the company has been real good on this. We've shut down multiple plants and have paid everyone while they are off. Makes no sense.

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
Use Facebook in 2020 ... :huhldup:

Its the only avenue I have to sham people into staying in the house. Everyone from my old neighborhood(and a few of my younger family members who think this is some 5G conspiracy stuff) that is around my age, is still on FB. One of them posted a video of them fighting with police because they didnt want to go in house. I been on there every since then calling them out. I made a post about how embarrassing it was that the Mayor was on MSNBC saying they had to start doing community outreach to let ppl know Black people CAN get CV and that we are the ones dying from it. People were really saying that black people couldnt get it even after 3 NBA stars including Durant tested positive. I dont know why but that really embarrassed me. Thats some Trump supporter bs.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

You need to go ahead and snitch on the Cac