Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
Can any one tell me what caused the virus? I hate to sound ignorant. I know where it originated, but does any one know what caused the spread? There's so much doom and gloom about this that I don't want to lose focus on that.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Correct, but it's just an easier metric. :ld:

For example i work with people various advanced degrees and they all pretty much, collectively think the Corona virus situation has been handled atrociously.
I know what you saying, but it needs to be emphasized earlier.
Seriously, at least 4th grade and up. Honestly, introduce it as soon as possible. We need to teach people how to think. People can listen and recite CNN’s bullshyt all day but can’t hardly any of them actually take that info and think about it critically.
Exactly

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
So I'm supposed to believe that the US death toll and infection numbers in the last 3 days alone are more than China's entire tally since the beginning?
:ld:

They are obviously cooking the books on their numbers. From what I’ve gathered they are only counting deaths from people who tested positive so anyone who didn’t actually get tested is omitted. The real number could be much much higher.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Can any one tell me what caused the virus? I hate to sound ignorant. I know where it originated, but does any one know what caused the spread? There's so much doom and gloom about this that I don't want to lose focus on that.

The same thing that causes the spread of most viruses - people inadvertently infecting each other. :yeshrug:

In particular you had people traveling to different countries with the virus.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So I'm supposed to believe that the US death toll and infection numbers in the last 3 days alone are more than China's entire tally since the beginning?
:ld:
China is shady as hell. Wuhan has 10m people vs NYC 8.5m. This disease would've had to have been festering there for weeks before anyone even noticed it. Meaning they would've had no heads up until bodies started dropping, by then the spread would have been out of this world. Then we're supposed to assume nobody fled Wuhan and travelled to Shanghai (22m), Beijing (11m), Tianjin (11m), Guangzhou (11m) where it would have caught fire like it did in Italy, France, Spain and here?

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

The problem is, is that there is no clear Patient Zero but there is some thoughts what might have caused it.

Chinese Pangolins are found to have similar strains, as they are being hunted to near extinction but still are killed as such.

So the best guess would be, that one of these Pangolins being trapped either in China or in a neighboring country before killed in the market in Wuhan. From there is gets shady, as we don't know who was the Real Patient Zero. There was a Shrimp vendor who got ill but I don't think it was her but does provide the best example of when it truly started:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/27/shrimp-vendor-at-wuhan-market-may-be-coronavirus-patient-zero/

A shrimp peddler at the Chinese market where the coronavirus pandemic likely began has been identified as one of the first victims of the disease — and possibly “patient zero.”

The 57-year-old woman, identified by the Wall Street Journal as Wei Guixian, was the first person from the now-notorious Huanan market in Wuhan to test positive for the deadly bug.

She was at work Dec. 10 when she developed what she thought were cold symptoms, Chinese outlet The Paper reported. So she walked to a small local clinic for treatment and then went back to work — likely spreading the contagion.

“I felt a bit tired, but not as tired as previous years,” she told The Paper, according to a translation by news.com.au. “Every winter, I always suffer from the flu. So I thought it was the flu.”

She visited a local clinic on Dec. 11 and received an injection, but didn’t feel any better, so she went to the Eleventh Hospital in Wuhan.

“The doctor at the Eleventh Hospital could not figure out what was wrong with me and gave me pills,” Wei told the Chinese outlet — but those didn’t work either.

“By then I felt a lot worse and very uncomfortable,” Wei said. “I did not have the strength or energy.”

On Dec. 16, Wei went to Wuhan Union Hospital — one of the city’s biggest — to get checked out.

A doctor there described her illness as “ruthless” and told her several other people from the same market had already come in with similar symptoms.

By the end of the month, she was quarantined when doctors finally established the link between the emerging bug and the seafood market, the Chinese outlet reported.

A Dec. 31 statement from the Wuhan Municipal Health Commission revealed that Wei was among the first 27 patients to test positive for COVID-19, and one of 24 cases with direct links to the seafood market.

So by this statement, and by the asymptomatic, Patient Zero might have been asymptomatic even. We will never know who is Patient Zero, even if the Chinese Government was 100% truthful with us, nor will we know which animal was the true carrier or what place did the animal come from.

Last edited:

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
We went from 2 to 8 :mjtf::gucci::dwillhuh:how

The Flu mutates every year, but it has limited span of 3-4 months. This Virus looks to have evolved with Climate Change itself, where it can survive better in Warmer Weather. Plus a virus who gets into the body of a person who has lived in China for their entire lives will be different after a few transmissions to people who live in the United States, because it will adapt quickly to that type of environment.

Conspiracy Nuts can say this is a bioweapon from China, but nature already knows how to do that.

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
The Flu mutates every year, but it has limited span of 3-4 months. This Virus looks to have evolved with Climate Change itself, where it can survive better in Warmer Weather. Plus a virus who gets into the body of a person who has lived in China for their entire lives will be different after a few transmissions to people who live in the United States, because it will adapt quickly to that type of environment.

Conspiracy Nuts can say this is a bioweapon from China, but nature already knows how to do that.
Exactly but what I found interesting in the article was that the west coast and NY are dealing with 2 different strains so that can explain the difference we see. However if the NYC strains spreads throughout the U.S. shyt is gonna be horrific.