Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Exactly but what I found interesting in the article was that the west coast and NY are dealing with 2 different strains so that can explain the difference we see. However if the NYC strains spreads throughout the U.S. shyt is gonna be horrific.

Plus New York is more of a fluctuation climate and its really packed in; so a Virus can learn to survive better from a host in New York because of the extreme temps.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Depends as far as big cities. Atlanta for example has been on various forms of restrictions for the better part of 3 week. My company had us start working from home on 3/16. Our idiot governor is one thing but larger portions of the Metro Atlanta area have been progressively been moving from social distancing to shelter in place before he issued his orders. I haven’t looked at how Metro Atlanta’s numbers have been tracking but hopefully it’s helping. The rest of the state :hubie: the numbers may not eventually be high but per capita :francis:
If the city where the CDC is hq cant shut shyt down, we got a serious problem in this nation.

But then again HIV and std rates in ATL are already high as well. :snoop:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
If the city where the CDC is hq cant shut shyt down, we got a serious problem in this nation.

But then again HIV and std rates in ATL are already high as well. :snoop:
Again you are conflating the state with the city and Metro area. As I said above the Metro Area has been moving with social distancing and shelter in place for 3 plus weeks. The mayor of Atlanta has been in close communication with the CDC and Emory Univeristy.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Depends as far as big cities. Atlanta for example has been on various forms of restrictions for the better part of 3 week. My company had us start working from home on 3/16. Our idiot governor is one thing but larger portions of the Metro Atlanta area have been progressively been moving from social distancing to shelter in place before he issued his orders. I haven’t looked at how Metro Atlanta’s numbers have been tracking but hopefully it’s helping. The rest of the state :hubie: the numbers may not eventually be high but per capita :francis:
Per capita, Atlanta proper is doing OK. Some of the further out metro countries are not fairing as well. That’s MAGA land though so they asked for it. :yeshrug:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Again you are conflating the state with the city and Metro area. As I said above the Metro Area has been moving with social distancing and shelter in place for 3 plus weeks. The mayor of Atlanta has been in close communication with the CDC and Emory Univeristy.
:salute: shout out Keisha Bottoms.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Do you know the number of tests administered in Atlanta and state overall so far?

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Honestly I don’t
This is probably couple of days old.

Screenshot-20200404-122355-2.jpg