Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
The infuriating thing is as long as red states stay open or have half assed shelter in place the longer this goes on. This patchwork of states taking it seriously and other aren’t is going to be a major especially with domestic travel not being limited. You will see states like NY, NJ, Washington state, California flatten the curve means while states like Georgia, Texas, Florida, Oklahoma, Alabama etc get hit hard by this. And this risk blue state to be re-infected again. And we will be in a never ending cycle of economic shutdowns until a vaccine is made. This would further destabilize the economy.
You finally see it now. :skip:

We bout to put a No Fly Zone on people coming from trump states though.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
They should go ahead and legalize it federally to at least stimulate the economy even a tiny bit. It’s so archaic to still be illegal. Go ahead and use this time in history to do it. There’s no downsides.

I agree, but it would never happen with a Republican Senate and Trump in office.

One of the reasons people making excuses not to vote is annoying.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Potential 8-month economic shutdown.

if we're shut down for 8 months, isnt that pretty much the end of the country? how the fukk does america survive an 8 month shutdown if it costs 2 trillion a month to keep us afloat :snoop:

every single small business and bar/restaurant is finished. the fukkin cheesecake factory couldnt even survive til april

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
if we're shut down for 8 months, isnt that pretty much the end of the country? how the fukk does america survive an 8 month shutdown if it costs 2 trillion a month to keep us afloat :snoop:

every single small business and bar/restaurant is finished. the fukkin cheesecake factory couldnt even survive til april
That's why we should have acted sooner. Either way the economy is going to hurt. Either through shutdown or people dying left and right due to illness. Not to mention the latter, even if you're not the one dying people aren't going places or going out and spending money if you have 2 million people based on that projection dying over a few months. I would keep my ass in the house and so would millions of other people.

That is why the tough decision should have been made earlier or you are going to have it chosen for you and it will be worse. Not every situation has a good or bad outcome. Some are a choice between pretty bad and very very bad.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's why we should have acted sooner. Either way the economy is going to hurt. Either through shutdown or people dying left and right due to illness. Not to mention the latter, even if you're not the one dying people aren't going places or going out and spending money if you have 2 million people based on that projection dying over a few months. I would keep my ass in the house and so would millions of other people.

That is why the tough decision should have been made earlier or you are going to have it chosen for you and it will be worse. Not every situation has a good or bad outcome. Some are a choice between pretty bad and very very bad.
i guess the silver lining is if we did act too late, then trump is finished. thats about the only good i can get out of this :dead:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

8 months would be devastating but we'd be at the point of law enforced shutdowns way before then. But that is really the measurement here, national shutdowns. If states like Florida would stop doing a Florida, we could weather this and start recovery in a couple months.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

What other choice is there though? Sacrifice 100k to a million people for the sake of the economy?

But I agree, I have no idea how the country could handle being shut down for months. At this point it's looking like a depression is inevitable. Hard to see a "good" option here.

2020 :scust: