Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
One of my students passed away seven hours ago. Aisha. She was 17 years old. It probably wasn't corona because she'd been seriously ill for a long time now but that may have pushed her over the edge. She suddenly took a turn for the worse 3 days ago and hadn't been tested.

I had a two paragraph story but fukk it it don't feel right sharing anymore. This is the first time I've ever lost a student while they were still my student.

This has been the worst fukking 24 hours man. I just got two terrible pieces of news back to back. fukk this man.
Breh keep your head up. I’ve had a rough two weeks. This whole corona virus shyt is stressful as fukk at the hospital. On top of that my wife was pregnant and just lost the child so we’re struggling right now.

also, my cousins wife grandmother that’s in PR that I told y’all about was on a ventilator last night didn’t make it. She wAs found with covid:snoop:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Breh keep your head up. I’ve had a rough two weeks. This whole corona virus shyt is stressful as fukk at the hospital. On top of that my wife was pregnant and just lost the child so we’re struggling right now.

also, my cousins wife grandmother that’s in PR that I told y’all about was on a ventilator last night didn’t make it. She wAs found with covid:snoop:

Damn :mjcry::snoop: hang in there the best u can

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
how can anyone be prepared for this shyt?
Nobody saw this coming folks :unimpressed:

Nobody knew there would be a pandemic or epidemic of this proportion’

Trump has repeatedly expressed his surprise at the scale of the coronavirus as it spread around the world and raced across the US.

“I would view it as something that just surprised the whole world,” he said in a press conference earlier this month. “Nobody knew there would be a pandemic or epidemic of this proportion.”

In a separate briefing, Trump said: “I just think this is something … that you can never really think is going to happen.”

There is evidence, however, that not only was the Trump administration warned about the potential of a pandemic and its dangers to Americans, it was given a plan on how to deal with it, which it promptly shelved.

During the Obama administration, the national security council drew up a 69-page “playbook on fighting pandemics”, Politico has reported. The document, crafted in the wake of the 2016 Ebola outbreak, contained advice on tracking the spread of a new virus, how to ensure testing was conducted effectively and the need to stockpile emergency resources.

The incoming Trump administration was briefed on the playbook but it was was “thrown on to a shelf”, according to an anonymous official quoted by Politico.

This wasn’t the administration’s only insight into the threat posed by a pandemic. In October, an internal federal government report warned how underprepared and underfunded the US would be in terms of tackling a virus without a cure.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Bruh, my kid goes to a selective enrollment school and the work they email is crazy. I be hiding in my room at night watching youtube videos trying to remember how to do half the math she' doing right now. Its like if you dont use it everyday you lose it. They learned chess last year and they do competitions online against each other and she asked me to help her practice. I never played chess a day in my life. She's was doing algebra and I was looking at it like, is this some new kind of algebra. :sadcam:
Trust me, I know especially since they are teaching kids differently than we learned things. But I think it was @Serious who recommended Khan Academy and I agree, its a good resource to break a lot of topics down for you and your daughter.

For the chess, that was actually something I learned while young and started teaching my kids there are tons of good mobile chess games that will teach and allow your daughter to practice for both iOS and Android.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
It's flown under the radar due to being in a more isolated part of the state but they are going through it with Corona in the Southwest part of GA, might have the worst rate of infection in the country at the moment :merchant::merchant:
:lupe: All the black people live in the north where ATL is right. :sas2:

@Atlrocafella yall might turn that state blue this election cycle :whew:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
So within the last few days, the Trump Crisis Squad is...
  • Alex Rodriguez
  • Wolfgang Puck
  • Mike Lindell a.k.a. My Pillow Dude.
:ohhh:What will Tomorrow bring?
You gotta be shytting me man.

I take it hes probably tired of academia, the people with the most understanding of this crisis talking down to him like an idiot.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
You gotta be shytting me man.

I take it hes probably tired of academia, the people with the most understanding of this crisis talking down to him like an idiot.

It shows why he was ass as a CEO/Owner. He care only for Great News/Accolades. If you look past it, his long term stuff has always been a failure. As a President, he is exhausted from having to keep appearing in public when shyt is bad.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
:lupe: All the black people live in the north where ATL is right. :sas2:

@Atlrocafella yall might turn that state blue this election cycle :whew:
SW Georgia has a large percentage of black people
changing-demographics-of-georgia-and-metro-atlanta-35-638.jpg