Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
Here comes scum bag Acosta.

Trump was being much better with the questions, and here comes scumbag Acosta being a prick.
you know you say pretty much the same thing at each of his press conferences right? about how this time trump actually didnt do so badly and it was better than the last presser. when its obvious to everyone else hes completely unprepared and bombing out there

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i gotta be honest, i hope they go for an extreme lockdown until april 30th and then just open shyt up again and we take the risk as a country

we can't continue on this path with the economy :yeshrug: what the fukk is the average small business even going to look like after it's shut down until april 30th? how many of them are done by mid-april, if the fukkin cheesecake factory cant even pay its rent on april 1st as an entire franchise?

this is just an awful situation :snoop:

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
you know you say pretty much the same thing at each of his press conferences right? about how this time trump actually didnt do so badly and it was better than the last presser. when its obvious to everyone else hes completely unprepared and bombing out there

I've only commented on two or three of his pressers. What was poor about it today? He answered questions, and deferred to the experts. Only person he went after was Acosta, and it's because Acosta was being a prick as usual.

You are one that will complain about anything.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
i gotta be honest, i hope they go for an extreme lockdown until april 30th and then just open shyt up again and we take the risk as a country

we can't continue on this path with the economy :yeshrug: what the fukk is the average small business even going to look like after it's shut down until april 30th? how many of them are done by mid-april, if the fukkin cheesecake factory cant even pay its rent on april 1st as an entire franchise?

fukking cheesecake factory living check to check too. :dead:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na

I hope we dont take that risk

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
I've only commented on two or three of his pressers. What was poor about it today? He answered questions, and deferred to the experts. Only person he went after was Acosta, and it's because Acosta was being a prick as usual.

You are one that will complain about anything. Probably hoping more people are harmed just so you can blame Trump.:manny:.
bragging about testing being on par with other countries (its not), bragging about 10,000 ventilators (not nearly enough), bragging about sending medical equipment to italy (we need to put america first and keep it here) in general using this opportunity to grandstand.

bolded is utter nonsense and sounds like trumpset hoe babble. i am an american citizen concerned about my parents and other loved ones. i have every right to be upset with this presidents low-energy and too-little, too-late response to a public health crisis.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
You can’t be fully prepared but you can also not disband the federal pandemic task force
shyt still wouldnt have been that much different.

Our country is just too big and spread out for anything close to what Korea is doing.

China has a dictatorship (meaning they can move quicker than anyone else)...and they are still dumping bodies.

Folks just dont want to realize that this is life...people die...happens everyday.

If your money and health wasnt in order prior to this you need to look in the mirror.

In hindsight, Obama should have let all those businesses fail...our economy would be much stronger right now.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

longer the red states don't shutdown the longer this crisis is going to continue ...

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
shyt still wouldnt have been that much different.

Our country is just too big and spread out for anything close to what Korea is doing.

China has a dictatorship (meaning they can move quicker than anyone else)...and they are still dumping bodies.

Folks just dont want to realize that this is life...people die...happens everyday.

If your money and health wasnt in order prior to this you need to look in the mirror.

In hindsight, Obama should have let all those businesses fail...our economy would be much stronger right now.
This is bullshyt

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
You can’t be fully prepared but you can also not disband the federal pandemic task force

This was fact checked - False Claim About CDC's Global Anti-Pandemic Work

As the COVID-19 disease caused by the new coronavirus has spread around the world, a number of politicians, news organizations and public figures have made the false claim that the Trump administration cut the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s anti-pandemic work in over 40 countries to just 10. The CDC told us that’s not true.

The claim appears to have been based solely on outdated news reports from early 2018 that said the CDC was preparing to dramatically reduce its work helping to prevent infectious-disease epidemics. Those reports said much of that work on the Global Health Security Agenda, a pact between over 60 nations that began in 2014, had been funded by a five-year, nearly $600 million supplemental package that was dwindling. That one-time funding, which Congress originally appropriated in response to the Ebola epidemic in West Africa in 2014, ran out at the end of September 2019.

The director of the CDC’s Center for Global Health did say at the time that, without additional funding, its Division of Global Health Protection “will have to scale its global health security portfolio to focus efforts based on existing resources,” as the Wall Street Journal first reported in January 2018. If that happened, the official said the CDC would shift its focus to just 10 “priority countries” and “plan for the completion of its country-based programs” in 39 other nations, the Journal’s story said.

Those hypothetical cuts were avoided, however, because Congress later provided more funding for the CDC’s global health programs, the CDC told us in a statement.

But in remarks from the Senate floor on Feb. 24, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer claimed the Trump administration made “drastic cuts to the global health division at CDC,” before saying, “In 2018, CDC was forced to reduce the number of countries it operated in from 49 to 10.”

Three days later, Democratic Sen. Chris Murphy of Connecticut made a similar claim on Twitter — though he used slightly different figures.

“President Obama set up anti-pandemic programs in 47 vulnerable countries, as a way to protect against something just like Coronavirus breaking out across the world,” Murphy wrote. “Experts begged Trump to keep them open. He closed 37 of them.”

Murphy’s tweet appeared to catch the attention of Joy Behar, co-host of ABC’s “The View,” who made the same claim on the daytime talk show March 9.

Murphy’s office did not respond when we asked for a source for his statement, and Schumer’s office told us Schumer relied on a New York Times article that was published the day of his floor remarks. That Times piece was not the only one from a news outlet to state that the cutbacks the CDC warned about in 2018 had actually gone into effect.

As we said, the CDC told us that’s false.

“CDC did not have to cut back its work from 49 to 10 countries,” said Maureen Bartee, CDC’s associate director for Global Health Security, in a statement to FactCheck.org. “In the FY18-FY20 annual appropriations, CDC received base appropriations for global health security from Congress. This was used to continue the essential public health capacity development in the four core areas that was started in 2014 with the one-time supplemental funds.”

The entire article is longer and fact checks all of those claims.

But i guess if people lie long enough, it becomes true:troll:

Dems adopting the Trump playbook:pachaha: