Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The Hill
BREAKING: The Justice Department is reportedly probing decisions made by at least one lawmaker to sell stock in the days before the market turned downward as a result of the coronavirus outbreak.

CNN reported that two people familiar with the inquiry, which was launched in cooperation with the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), said that is still in its early stages. However, at least one senator, Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.), has been contacted by investigators.

About this website

THEHILL.COM

Justice Dept probing stock transactions made by lawmakers ahead of coronavirus crisis: report
CNN reported that two people familiar with the inquiry, which was launched in cooperation with the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), said that is still in its early stages. However, at least one senator, Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.), has been contacted by investigators.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The New York Times
·
—New York State exceeds 1,000 coronavirus deaths
Governor Andrew Cuomo warns that the pandemic’s toll could grow worse
—New York City has a 1-week supply of medical supplies to care for any New Yorker who is sick, Mayor Bill de Blasio said

‘Thousands of People Will Pass Away,’ Cuomo Warns as Mayor de Blasio said the city had a week’s worth of medical supplies.

About this website

NYTIMES.COM

New York State Exceeds 1,000 Coronavirus Deaths
‘Thousands of People Will Pass Away,’ Cuomo Warns as Mayor de Blasio said the city had a week’s worth of medical supplies.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
the first US case was discovered in Washington on 1/19. Ask her her feelings about Inslee.
This was her answer via email:

"I’ve never dealt with a pandemic, of course, but I’ve been pretty happy with what he has done so far. I guess we’ll see in the years to come what they say about the federal and state responses. What’s been super frustrating is that people tend to ignore the orders. Seems like they either don’t understand or feel like their “liberties” are being violated. I spend a lot of my day at work explaining to patients why it’s so important to pay attention to these orders. It’s also frustrating because the skeptical people either are going to ignore it, so the social distancing orders aren’t going to make a difference, or the social distancing is going to work and then the pandemic isn’t going to be as bad and they’re going to say it wasn’t necessary and caused too much economic harm...I’ll take the latter."

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im also getting the feeling that barring MASSIVE outbreaks, theyre gonna try to open up the country after april 30th

shutting down the economy for the next 5 weeks is gonna be an absolute bloodbath on small businesses and employees :huhldup: how long can we even realistically do it past then?

F K

All Star
Daps
all these Phonies telling people not to criticize the wuhan wet market....nope this is 100% on them.....if i lose a family member to this sh1t i'm shooting some random ch1nks....

i mean look at this, what were they thinking

:beli: book a flight first please. The ones here eat a chick fil a and panda express like the rest of us.

Chronic

All Star
Daps
all these Phonies telling people not to criticize the wuhan wet market....nope this is 100% on them.....if i lose a family member to this sh1t i'm shooting some random ch1nks....

i mean look at this, what were they thinking

"We don’t know if those mutations were picked up more recently or a long time ago," Garry told ABC News. "It’s impossible to say if it actually was a mutation that triggered the pandemic, but either way, it would have been a naturally occurring process."

And while many believe the virus originated at a fish market in Wuhan, China, Garry said that is also a misconception.

"Our analyses, and others too, point to an earlier origin than that," Garry said. "There were definitely cases there, but that wasn’t the origin of the virus."