Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps

---

Superstar
Daps
It is essentially a stripped-down "Bonfire of the Vanities", I enjoyed it in theatres, and it has been airing on cable lately, caught some the other day.

I am not going to, but that argument could easily be made, that, "a certain amount of dead people" is how our world, country, the system has always operated.

Yeah, I liked the movie.

I asked about his certain number and threw a few figures at him. I eventually ended the talk abruptly because it was clear to me his certain number would be disgusting highly.

Last edited:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow: I'm apart of one of those "essential industries" so I'm not unemployed or hurting for work but I still
took the two weeks paid leave to flatten the curve.

Be safe out here brehs.
Seeing a million as the number of people applying for unemployment :to:
I'm just glad knowing that when these
two weeks are up I'll have a job to come back too. :wow: a breh is lucky :wow:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Italy 10% mortality rate
Spain 7%
Iran 7%
France 5%
Uk 5%

These are some unbelievably high numbers for developed nations. I feel it for countries on the lower end of the spectrum, this thing is going to rip through them like crazy.
The mortality rate is not accurate, there’s many who don’t have symptoms or do that don’t get tested.

Also Italy is only testing people who are critical.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
AN JUAN, PUERTO RICO

While the coronavirus may be driving us to drink, there’s a more pressing issue: washing our hands.

Now, one of the world’s largest rum factories, the Bacardi plant in Puerto Rico, has tweaked its production lines to pump out ethanol needed to make hand sanitizers.

Olein Refinery, a Puerto Rican manufacturer, is using the Bacardi alcohol to produce more than 1.7 million 10-ounce bottles of hand sanitizer, much of which is being given to police, nurses, non-profits and others on the frontlines of the coronavirus.

Jose Class, the vice president of supply chain and manufacturing for Bacardi in Latin America and the Caribbean, said that, to his knowledge, this production shift is unprecedented since the Puerto Rican branch of the company was founded in 1936.

“I don’t think we even did something like this during World War II,” he said.

The sprawling, 127-acre complex in Cataño, on the northern coast, produces 80 percent of Bacardi’s rum, or the equivalent of 200 million bottles a year, and employs about 400 people.

A worker at the Bacardi rum factory in Puerto Rico. The plant, which produces 200 million bottles of rum a year, is tweaking its production line to produce ethanol used in hand sanitizers, amid the global COVID-19 crisis. Courtesy BACARDI
Other Bacardi sites are following suit. The Bacardi Bottling Corporation in North Jacksonville, Florida, will begin producing 120,000 units of hand sanitizers this week, all of which will be donated. And eight other plants in six countries are expected to join the effort.

While the Puerto Rican plant has never had to deal with a pandemic before, it has seen its share of business adversity on the battered island, Class said..

After Hurricanes Maria and Irma raked the island, along with other parts of the Caribbean and Florida, in 2017, the company put $3 million into relief efforts.

While there are parallels between this health crisis and the hurricanes, which produced widespread infrastructure collapse, there are also key differences, Class said.

“What the community needed [after Maria] was different. Then, they needed food, water, a little bit of joy,” he said. Now what the island needs are ways to stay clean and disinfected amid a rapidly moving and contagious virus.

The Bacardi rum company in Puerto Rico, which produces 200 million bottles of rum a year, is tweaking its production line to produce ethanol used in hand sanitizers, amid the global COVID-19 crisis. Courtesy BACARDI
The temporary production shift began March 17 and will continue as long as needed — and it won’t affect rum production, the company said.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/article241460771.html

The initiative comes as Puerto Rico is entering a second week of lockdown and curfew in hopes of curtailing the spread of the virus. As of Tuesday, the U.S. territory of 3.2 million had reported 39 cases and two deaths.

As the U.S. government has acknowledged that the health crisis could leave hospitals overrun, it’s been asking the private sector to play a bigger role. On Sunday, President Donald Trump said he’d given Ford, GM and Tesla the go-ahead to retrofit their production lines to churn out hospital ventilators.

Class said this crisis is one where everyone gets to be part of the solution.

“We have ways to fight this. Just the simple act of washing your hands and being careful about your social interactions helps,” he said. ”We need to overcome this as soon as possible so we can start celebrating again.”

Bacardi%20Puerto%20Rico%20Provides%20Raw%20Materials%20for%20Hand%20Sanitizers%20%20(1).png