Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I cannot look at any picture of video of her without seeing straight crazy. How did everyone not notice that sooner? I mean come on, her eyes?

edit: whoa, her wiki entry savage as fukk.

:laff:
She out looking like
full

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

While wealth can’t totally insulate you from the virus, it’s clear that there’s a stunning gap between our political leadership and regular people when it comes to the “normal” we need to return to. The Dow matters little to the majority of people, because 84 percent of the market is controlled by ten percent of wealthy Americans. But it has nonetheless come to symbolize the single metric by which the health of our country is judged. At what point in this current crisis will those at the top finally realize that Americans, and people more generally, are sick not just of this virus, but of the repeated sacrifice of our wellbeing for a system that views us as only numbers on a spreadsheet?

The truth is the same as it has always been. Capitalism has not consumed America; it is America. In so far as the concept of this nation is constantly evolving, the past century, and specifically the latter half, has been a study in what happens when governments—federal, state, city, local—reorganize themselves around the notion that profit is the ultimate achievement. In the long run, what happens in the next few weeks and months will not matter to those at the top. People will continue to get sick, people will continue to die. Young and old. The people in power, in Washington and in boardrooms across the country, will pay lip service to the tragedy. But what matters to them deep down is that life returns to normal, because normal was working so ridiculously well for them.