Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Sorry breh. A lot of us had a similar feeling when we came out of college with our degrees in 2008 ready to dive into a functional working world

It'll get better I promise you:salute:

Yeah, I'm 34, and vividly remember the 2008 Recession, I read something good this week, like the scars that crisis inflicted upon a generation are just now being able to be seen, this is it

Opinion | ‘I Just Don’t Think We Have the Luxury to Have Dreams Anymore’

Millennials are worse off than their parents in terms of earnings, assets and wealth, despite being better educated; they graduated into the worst job market in 80 years. They have double the student loan burdens of Generation X, and are less likely to own a home or have children than previous generations.

It’s not that they don’t want these things. It’s that they couldn’t afford to save while juggling three jobs, none of which had health insurance. As the writer Anne Helen Petersen put it, millennials “didn’t try to break the system, since that’s not how we’d been raised; we tried to win it.”

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Yeah, I'm 34, and vividly remember the 2008 Recession, but I read something good this week, like the scars that crisis inflicted upon a generation are just now being able to be seen, this is it

Opinion | ‘I Just Don’t Think We Have the Luxury to Have Dreams Anymore’

Millennials are worse off than their parents in terms of earnings, assets and wealth, despite being better educated; they graduated into the worst job market in 80 years. They have double the student loan burdens of Generation X, and are less likely to own a home or have children than previous generations.

It’s not that they don’t want these things. It’s that they couldn’t afford to save while juggling three jobs, none of which had health insurance. As the writer Anne Helen Petersen put it, millennials “didn’t try to break the system, since that’s not how we’d been raised; we tried to win it.”

Yep. Same age. Just telling my brother I can’t see myself having kids. This society just isn’t going to allow it without a poverty cycle.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Bit late on this one but I haven't seen it posted. This is who they are:

84846198_10221454571491249_3109051006516723712_o.jpg