Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
My guy Tony Evers just put the Stay at Home order. If we had Scott Walker, we would still be open and everyone would be doing shyt. My cousin just called me, she was in disbelief that she can't get a Salon appointment because they are closed, indefinitely. :mjgrin:

Then she asked me how long could that last....

:mjgrin: I laughed and told her 3 months, max. :laff:
speak to her like an italian mayor.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I think the best thing to do is unwind and get off the internet look8ng for info for a little while.

Too much noise out there . Whether it’s from the people who claim it’s nothing or the other extreme of how awful it is the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle

I’m still of the belief so many people have or had it that we don’t know and which would lower the percent rate of deaths and calm people down a little unfortunately we can’t prove it.

Just relax and get your mind off this sh1t. Looking for every random doomsday article isn’t productive it’s only gonna give you and others stress.
It seems simple, but that's not life though.....

It's not about the strain of this virus being deadly breh....

It's about the fact that, vulnerable populations, that are affected by this virus, when regulated to overall population is still a big number. That number can overwhelm the healthcare system, causing even more deaths from the lack of attention, limited supplies or errors.

For example, the US has like 350 million people. If the virus only negatively affects let's say 5% of the population, that's still close to 2 million people that may either die or become seriously ill.

I need for people to get the bigger picture and stop focusing on the large quantity of individuals that are asymptomatic.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Kemp under pressure to order state shut down; Atlanta mayor ready with order if he doesn't

ATLANTA (CBS46) -- Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms is ready to implement an order for residents to stay-at-home if Governor Brian Kemp doesn't put a statewide order in place Monday during a 5 p.m. update.

Some are expecting the Governor to do just that Monday evening which would make an order from Mayor Bottoms unnecessary. Mayor Bottoms made her comments during a Monday call on the status of the City of Atlanta's response to the ongoing coronavirus crisis.

She also said that for now, areas like parks and the Beltline will remain open.

Governor Kemp is coming under increasing pressure to make bold moves to close down most of the state as Georgia fights the growing coronavirus crisis. One of the loudest voices on shutting down the state is Emory University professor Dr. Carlos Del Rio. He tweeted on Saturday the state is headed for a catastrophe if Kemp doesn't act.

Dr. Del Rio said if the state is not effectively shut down, the number of people contracting the virus will vastly outnumber the available beds in Georgia hospitals. According to Del Rio, there could be nearly 300,000 hospitalizations in the state by April 24 due to COVID-19, but said there would only be 20,000 hospital beds available by then.

Del Rio said the point of no return date is between March 24 and March 29.

Governor Kemp hasn't responded on Twitter other than to thank those on the front lines and say he has a press update scheduled for 5 p.m. Monday.

As for Mayor Bottoms, she said the equipment required to meet the current crisis. She said recommendations will be made for the homeless and that city leaders are looking for ways to help. The mayor's office indicated it was working with Delta and the airport on what relief they need or could provide.

In an attempt to fill the airport parking lots, rates have been cut by 50 percent. Mayor Bottoms also said she was considering opening golf courses for people to walk and looking at mental health recommendations during the ongoing crisis.

https://www.cbs46.com/news/kemp-und...cle_6d45f0d4-6d2e-11ea-ae97-97b0c9eadac1.html

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
When Trump's back is against the wall he tends to do pretty irrational, impulsive and catastrophic things. The more he feels his re-election chances are going down the drain, the higher of a chance he does something drastic or stupid to save his chances.
Crazy thing is he might win any way

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It seems simple, but that's not life though.....

It's not about the strain of this virus being deadly breh....

It's about the fact that, vulnerable populations, that are affected by this virus, when regulated to overall population is still a big number. That number can overwhelm the healthcare system, causing even more deaths from the lack of attention, limited supplies or errors.

For example, the US has 350 million people. If the virus only negative affects let's say 5% of the population, that's still close to 2 million people that may either die or become seriously ill.

I need for people to get the bigger picture and stop focusing on the large quantity of individuals that are asymptomatic.

But we don’t know if those hypothetical numbers you threw out will be what it is or not. This still could be just flu like but we have to flatten the curve so the vulnerable can get help if needed which is why im for a quarantine

it’s out of our control we have hope for the best at this point and that we get the number of people who’ve have it at one time under control and the. find out this is flu ish that’s all we can really do

I feel like some people get off on thinking about worst case scenarios

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Do they realize Obama hasn’t been president for 4 years. So if they needed to be replenished, that’s on Trump.
It sounds dumb. The fed gov dont supply medical supplies. Harbor freight and home Depot been selling masks the last 4 yrs. As well as walmart and every other retailer. There wasnt any shortage. It just seems like a fake story