Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It seems simple, but that's not life though.....

It's not about the strain of this virus being deadly breh....

It's about the fact that, vulnerable populations, that are affected by this virus, when regulated to overall population is still a big number. That number can overwhelm the healthcare system, causing even more deaths from the lack of attention, limited supplies or errors.

For example, the US has like 350 million people. If the virus only negatively affects let's say 5% of the population, that's still close to 2 million people that may either die or become seriously ill.

I need for people to get the bigger picture and stop focusing on the large quantity of individuals that are asymptomatic.

17 million fam. 17 million.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
What a fukking clown. That's when it's supposed to hit the hardest. All his supporters will be dead if he does this. He needs to understand it needs to be a month incubation at least. Possibly 3-4 months.
3 or 4 months
:mjlol:

Impossible we can’t continue like this.. 4 months and this will be an economic apocalypse the likes of which we have never seen before.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I work for one of the biggest oil and gas companies in the world. We just had a skype meeting, and it's game over. It's the "worst downturn in a lifetime" (thanks Corona, Russian, and Saudi Arabia). We were told that we'll all be out of jobs in 2-9 weeks (depending on our positions). The whole fukking department has just been eliminated.

Now, I gotta find a new job and do interviews somehow during this Corona shyt :francis:

It was a good run, but it's over :francis:

Also, I made over the limit for my salary last year, so I can't get the stimulus check. :francis:

Maybe UPS is hiring? :jbhmm:
Damn man, that sucks. I wish you all the best!

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I read a Morgan Stanley analysis that stated, essentially, the oil crisis and virus are just the two final blows to an already exhausted US economic expansion, since December 2017.

Yup. Corp tax cut delayed the inevitable. Everything since then has been pure BS. Between trumps open interference into the market plus the buybacks. Worse yet is that even the ppl slowly going broke bought into it bc the personal/consumer debt kept skyrocketing.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
@dora_da_destroyer
That pro-democracy piece, according to a summary of the bill being circulated by House Democratic aides, contains these provisions:

It mandates that states and jurisdictions set up a process by which any eligible voter can vote by mail if he or she chooses — and would not require voters to give any rationale for doing so. Such voters would be provided with a postage-prepaid, self-sealing envelope.
If any state or jurisdiction declares an emergency, they would be required to automatically mail absentee ballots to all registered voters, no later than two weeks before Election Day.
It requires states and jurisdictions to implement at least 15 consecutive days of early voting in federal elections.
It mandates that states and jurisdictions create a same-day voter registration option for all eligible voters.
It budgets $4 billion for states to implement these changes, in keeping with a recent Brennan Center analysis that recommended that any coronavirus response legislation include at least $2 billion to protect the election.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/03/23/democrats-throw-down-gauntlet-vote-by-mail/