Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

The American Academy of Otolaryngology on Sunday posted information on its website saying that mounting anecdotal evidence indicates that lost or reduced sense of smell and loss of taste are significant symptoms associated with Covid-19, and that they have been seen in patients who ultimately tested positive with no other symptoms.

The symptoms, in the absence of allergies or sinusitis, should alert doctors to screen patients for the virus and “warrant serious consideration for self isolation and testing of these individuals,” the academy said. The organization has reminded its members that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has urged all clinicians to prioritize urgent and emergency visits for the next several weeks and to reschedule elective and routine procedures.

In the areas of Italy most heavily affected by the virus, doctors say they have concluded that loss of taste and smell is an indication that a person who otherwise seems healthy is in fact carrying the virus and may be spreading it to others.

“Almost everybody who is hospitalized has this same story,” said Dr. Marco Metra, chief of the cardiology department at the main hospital in Brescia, where 700 of 1,200 inpatients have the coronavirus. “You ask about the patient’s wife or husband. And the patient says, ‘My wife has just lost her smell and taste but otherwise she is well.’ So she is likely infected, and she is spreading it with a very mild form.”

A study from South Korea, where widespread testing has been done, found that 30 percent of some 2,000 patients who tested positive for the coronavirus reported experiencing anosmia.
It’s scary how much we really still don’t know.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County

It’s scary how much we really still don’t know.

Rudy Gobert (Utah Jazz player that has COVID-19) just said yesterday on Twitter that he has lost some of his sense of smell :ohhh:.

This sh!t is not a joking matter but far too many people think it is :snoop:.

Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Valley of the SUNS
Rand Paul got tested, and then took his punk ass to the gym:gucci: you can make this shyt up :russ:

Still can't believe that. It's one thing to be not know, be asymptomatic, and walking around infecting others. This dude got his test results , knew he was positive and went about his day like normal.

It's no wonder his neighbor whooped his ass.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
Still can't believe that. It's one thing to be not know, be asymptomatic, and walking around infecting others. This dude got his test results , knew he was positive and went about his day like normal.

It's no wonder his neighbor whooped his ass.

dude is scum, someone should bump the thread where we were hypothesizing what he had done to earn that beating

wasn’t Rand burning leaves on the other guys property or something ridiculous

:laff:

Last edited:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Where I am, a high income area, things are calm, my thought is the stores closer to lower income areas are less so, and may require enforcement of some kind, (or people may require that they do) if there are incidents of violence, or some maniac flashing a gun.

This is pushing desperate people to the limit, you can low income, low information people who are told they can't feed their families, it's madness. It's a disaster of epic proportions. I am complaining that I can't go on dates, or listen to the Weeknd album in some girls Audi or whatever, people are comatose with fear, dread and panic.

I set my life up like this, no kids, no wife, no family, but my heart is with those people.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Where I am, a high income area, things are calm, my thought is the stores closer to lower income areas are less so, and may require enforcement of some kind, if there are incidents of violence, or some maniac flashing a gun.

This is pushing desperate people to the limit, you can low income, low information people who are told they can't feed their families, it's madness. It's a disaster of epic proportions. I am complaining that I can't go on dates, or listen to the Weeknd album in some girls Audi or whatever, people are comatose with fear, dread and panic.

but I set my life up like this, no kids, no wife, no family, but my heart is with those people.
Total opposite where I am. Lower income areas stores are fully stocked and generally calm.

It’s the Coscos, and upper class grocery stores where people are acting a damn fool.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Total opposite where I am. Lower income areas stores are fully stocked and generally calm.

It’s the Coscos, and upper class grocery stores where people are acting a damn fool.

I mean like corporate grocery stores in lower income areas, not neighborhood stores, those are fine.