Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The funny thing is, is that people will GLADLY pay more for a product that...
  • Promotes Goodwill
  • Provides Excellent Customer Service.
People will remember this as a store that put Heart over Money.

This happened in Houston during Harvey with a guy named Mattress Mack.

He opened up his store to people who had to evacuate their homes while Joel Osteen kept his church shut until public pressure forced him to open.
You couldn’t pay for the type of promo Mattress Mack got from that locally.

https://www.theeagle.com/news/local...d14a7ef8-779c-5dad-bcf6-cf2091dc5c27.amp.html

Meet the Man Who Turned His Furniture Stores Into Shelters for Harvey Victims

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article...k-became-houstons-hometown-hero/285-501169972

Houston's 'Mattress Mack' sends Hurricane Harvey first responders to the World Series

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
This happened in Houston during Harvey with a guy named Mattress Mack.

He opened up his store to people who had to evacuate their homes while Joel Osteen kept his church shut until public pressure forced him to do so.
You couldn’t pay for the type of promo Mattress Mack got from that locally.

https://www.theeagle.com/news/local...d14a7ef8-779c-5dad-bcf6-cf2091dc5c27.amp.html

Meet the Man Who Turned His Furniture Stores Into Shelters for Harvey Victims

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article...k-became-houstons-hometown-hero/285-501169972

Houston's 'Mattress Mack' sends Hurricane Harvey first responders to the World Series

This was dope, I think the thing he might be known for more now outside of the H is laying $1.5M on the Astros to win the World Series.

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202
The Ms. just told me she saw on FB that Gov. Hogan's (Md.) having a presser tomorrow to announce a plan to "slow down" this thing.

Guessing we're going to be about that lockdown life in a matter of hours. We do have the highest number of cases in the DMV and it's rising fast, FWIW.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
The Ms. just told me she saw on FB that Gov. Hogan's (Md.) having a presser tomorrow to announce a plan to "slow down" this thing.

Guessing we're going to be about that lockdown life in a matter of hours. We do have the highest number of cases in the DMV and it's rising fast, FWIW.

Martial Law?

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I'm going to need trump to do his fukking job we need a nationwide lockdown :pacspit:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
i'm surprised our death toll is surprisingly low. relatively speaking. :ohhh:
a small part of me is hopefully we will be able to escape this whole ordeal with it remaining surprisingly low. only time will tell.
I am too. This is day 3 of me waking up expecting to look and see it to jump up big time, and it's still pretty low. I don't know the reasons obviously. I have some guesses, but overall I'm just really glad it hasn't happened yet.
Y'all looking at the same numbers as me? I'm seeing 94 deaths for yesterday. More than double the day before. That looks like a jump. :francis:

They revised yesterday's death toll up to 117.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The third world countries have kind of an advantage in one respect. They can more easily track people who are coming from high risk countries.

Somalia for instance got one case and also stopped flights from Turkey. You don’t have many foreigners going there unless they’re coming from the diaspora in Europe, Middke East, North America and a lot of that has been pulled.
Yeah breh, in Somalia that might be true. But Egypt, Nigeria, South Africa, there's a lot more international travel there. And then when you start talking Brazil, India, Thailand....no way they can track all that movement.

One of the Indian articles was talking about how they'd lost track of hundreds of people who were supposed to be under watch.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I doubt the 3rd world countries even have the test kits
Some of them procured on their own, others had kits donated.

One article said that India has the lab resources to test 8,000 a day but was only tested a few hundred because the tests cost the government about $67/pop and they didn't have the health budget funding for all that. Unless you were overseas or had direct contact with a known victim AND are showing symptoms, they don't test. (unless you got dough and can bribe, I'm assuming.) :gucci:

Have 150 billionaires in your country but be too stingy to pay for $67 tests that might save millions of lives. :snoop: