Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
How the hell is Germany doing it? Probably the safest Nation to be in right now.

I think we are seeing that there is a ridiculous amount of inconsistency in how countries (as well as states) are testing, diagnosing, quarantining, and documenting. Plus there are some obvious cultural and demographic differences that will cause this to spread differently. Whatever is happening in places like Italy, Iran and Spain is most concerning but maybe there’s an explanation for it.

Here in the US, we have made efforts to quarantine people that we know have it, but have made almost no efforts to test or contain people who *may* have it. This makes it much harder to contain the spread, but in theory it also causes the cases to be understated and the death rate to be overstated.

I think if we go back to December and analyze all of the people treated for weird flu/bronchitis/pneumonia symptoms, we will see we have been missing a lot, not just here but in other countries as well.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

Lockdown isn’t lasting 9 months, and 2/3 of California won’t be infected - governors aren’t doing themselves favors by throwing out doomsday scenarios, it makes residents feel even more ambivalent. If it’s all going to go to shyt, might was well carry on with life and let it happen now, capacity be damned

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Lockdown isn’t lasting 9 months, and 2/3 of California won’t be infected - governors aren’t doing themselves favors by throwing out doomsday scenarios, it makes residents feel even more ambivalent. If it’s all going to go to shyt, might was well carry on with life and let it happen now, capacity be damned

:manny:i don't know, seems like it hasn't even peaked yet so we're far away from it getting better.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I've come to the conclusion that Trump will continue to let this go to shyt and hope it takes us to November so he can try to cancel elections. The states who already pushed back or delayed voting showed him it could be done. I know states are dealing with this right now but there should be some nationwide task force on the phone with each other to figure out how to get it done. By mail, online, one community at a time....something. He has to go.

The lack of news on this front is maddening. Like why hasn’t there been a peep from the DNC on alternate primary voting provisions nor any semblance of showing they’re contingency planning for the general? They are the election arm, they’re not part of the daily ops on fighting CV, stay focused.
Trump can't cancel the election. Only Congress can (and they won't).

Also, even if the election were to be canceled (which it won't be), Trump & Pence would have to leave office and most likely Pelosi would become POTUS :dead:.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Facts....

I just hope once this shyt is over there should be a law where all medical supplies are made in the US period... governors need to do whatever to get that done, for one it will immediately create long term jobs...
As a someone with a degree in and works in public health, I hope they increase funding and salaries. :wow:

Job Security is real but on a large scale the general public, doesnt care about issues unless it directly affects them. :beli:

That's a large reason why we're in this position.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
real pieces of shyt :beli:
The messed up part of this is that all of the reports out there were telling the college kids they were basically immune to this and they had nothing to worry about. Without local governments shutting these sites down (which brings up the question, why didn’t they?), it was crazy to expect 18-22 year olds to cancel non-refundable travel on 1-2 days notice for a virus they were told not to fear in the first place.

As a country, we have had countless fails throughout all of this.

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Fear is what’s going to make you get sick... Death shouldn’t be feared it should be embraced as it is a cycle of life... Death can’t kill your spirit, remember the universe and spirituality works mentally

tell me more since you apparently died before.. :mjlol: