Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Looks a lot like what's going on here on the East Coast

A hard head makes for a soft ass. And Americans are hard headed as fukk :wow:

I walked up to Grand Army Plaza yesterday expecting a quiet walk on Eastern Parkway, there were so many people I felt uncomfortable and went home. There was even a farmers market.

:snoop:

I've flown all over the country this month as well so that's where I'm coming from....

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

full

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
I just hope once this shyt is over there should be a law where all medical supplies are made in the US period... governors need to do whatever to get that done, for one it will immediately create long term jobs...

The thing is that the problem isn't that we don't make these products - it's purely a function of lack of preparation.

Your point is valid but ff we didn't wait until March to begin taking this seriously, the shortages etc wouldn't be as pressing. I just don't know that our system (people included) is ready and/or willing to do what it takes to bring manufacturing back. Ppl cry about postage stamp increases and those are usually pennies.

Based on my position in the medical supply chain, I don't see how we can manufacture many of the items I sell here in the US. I sell single patient use stethoscopes for instance for @ $2 depending on the customer and our net margin on those is @ 20%. And our customers are always looking for price reductions as they look to control costs. I don't see how we could manufacture those items here and be profitable at the same selling price points (with no chance at trying to get a price increase). We do however manufacture several of our items here in the US and have @ 50 people employed locally with manufacturing and warehousing jobs.

That said, the Chinese supply chain got hit back to back because Chinese New Year shut things down in Feb and before workers got back, the virus broke out in a major way. Now the factories that are up and running (no one is at 100% yet) are having difficulty getting raw material into the plants.

It's a mess that was compounded by the Chinese NY (from a supply chain perspective).

Last edited:

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
Trump can't cancel the election. Only Congress can (and they won't).

Also, even if the election were to be canceled (which it won't be), Trump & Pence would have to leave office and most likely Pelosi would become POTUS :dead:.

I hear all yall saying this but these are some strange times we live in and with the Senate and Supreme Court looking the way it is, I'm not too confident in the responses but I hope it pans out the way you guys say it will.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Based on my position in the medical supply chain, I don't see how we can manufacture many of the items I sell here in the US. I sell single use stethoscopes for instance for @ $2 depending on the customer and our net margin on those is @ 20%. And our customers are always looking for price reductions as they look to control costs. I don't see how we could manufacture those items here and be profitable at the same selling price points (with no chance at trying to get a price increase). We do however manufacture several of our items here in the US and have @ 50 people employed locally with manufacturing and warehousing jobs.

That said, the Chinese supply chain got hit back to back because Chinese New Year shut things down in Feb and before workers got back, the virus broke out in a major way. Now the factories that are up and running (no one is at 100% yet) are having difficulty getting raw material into the plants.

It's a mess that was compounded by the Chinese NY (from a supply chain perspective).

man fukk that some things shouldn’t even have a price point for profit margins.. This folk health we talking about.. Medical supplies should be under gov control where the shyt can be made here.. It shouldn’t have a cost..

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Trump can't cancel the election. Only Congress can (and they won't).

Also, even if the election were to be canceled (which it won't be), Trump & Pence would have to leave office and most likely Pelosi would become POTUS :dead:.
The issue isn’t not having an election, it’s about suppressed participation. The DNC needs to be working on a contingency plan that allows as many people to participate as possible

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I hear all yall saying this but these are some strange times we live in and with the Senate and Supreme Court looking the way it is, I'm not too confident in the responses but I hope it pans out the way you guys say it will.
I understand your fear and concern. However, this is not a matter that the Supreme Court can decide. Trump can't by himself cancel the election. He could maybe "suggest" cancelling it.

Cancelling the election would have to be something that BOTH houses of the Congress agree to do. Democrats in the House are definitely NOT going to cancel the election. Heck, even as evil as Mitch McConnell is, he and Senate Republicans wouldn't dare to do that either. The backlash would be intense :dead:.

So don't worry but I understand why you feel the way you do.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
The issue isn’t not having an election, it’s about suppressed participation. The DNC needs to be working on a contingency plan that allows as many people to participate as possible
Sens. Klobuchar & Merkley have proposed a nationwide mail-in ballot system but most Republicans are probably not going to be on aboard with that.

Democrats need to either pass or expand the mail-in ballot option in Democratic controlled states and/or states with a Democratic governor.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
a small part of me is hopefully we will be able to escape this whole ordeal with it remaining surprisingly low. only time will tell.

maybe old folks dropping like flies in Seattle earlier got the rest of old folks shook? :jbhmm:

and maybe new yorkers are healthier compared to rest of the america. i mean you are in new york, you have to walk alot. :manny:

well i hope our bodies don't get dropped like italy and spain. i can only hope. :unimpressed:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
i'm surprised our death toll is surprisingly low. relatively speaking. :ohhh:
I am too. This is day 3 of me waking up expecting to look and see it to jump up big time, and it's still pretty low. I don't know the reasons obviously. I have some guesses, but overall I'm just really glad it hasn't happened yet.