Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

barese

Pro
Daps
Yep. One thing that helps is that the US is spread out and has more ICU beds per capita than say Italy. Places like northeast are more congested so it may be hit harder. As far as opposed to Italy it seems to be in small clusters with NYC being one of the worst ones. As for hospital capacity if people stay indoors they can get a better handle on it because if not then it will get bad fast. Know a guy from Argentina and shyts on lockdown over there. Police on the streets ask you where you going to see if you going for essentials.

You sure of this? Link?

Italy is 26th on the list for total hospital beds.
US is 32nd.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_hospital_beds

I'm afraid US is not doing that great on many general public health care parameters.

barese

Pro
Daps
Interesting facts about the list of countries by hospital beds:
- Japan and South Korea are Top 2
- Eastern European ex-communist countries make 5 out of Top 10
- first western country is Germany at 4th
- China is 19th, but one of few countries constantly improving

Last edited:

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
You sure of this? Link?

Italy is 26th on the list for total hospital beds.
US is 32nd.

List of countries by hospital beds - Wikipedia

I'm afraid US is not doing that great on many general public health care parameters.
960x0.jpg

This is provided that things don't get out of control because it very well can over there. USA already getting news of some areas having respirator shortages.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Can’t even sleep and shyt...

shyt is different when you have kids and a mortgage.

We have a good 5-6 month emergency fund, both in “professional” careers, but fukk all that...the economy is about to get FUKKED if this doesn’t turn around quickly.

401k performance shytty and shyt too
Unplug from all this shyt. Binge watch something with your wife for the weekend. Also spend time with your kids. It will keep your mind off the madness.
My wifes due April 6th with our first
Congratulations Breh. I pray you will have a healthy child. Everything will turn out fine! I don’t care what the idiots on the coli say but being a father and husband is what I aspire to be.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
@barese this is another problem they face

This is why I didn’t understand why people were like well I’m young so it won’t kill me. Medical cost are stupid.

Ancedotal but I had/have some nerve issues a year or so ago. I’ve got pretty good insurance, went through a battery of test and there is/was a problem. Long story short I needed the better part of three MRIs that would have cost $1,400.

I’m doing ok but I just couldn’t spend that money. Can’t imagine even a $9000 bill that I basically had to have.

Last edited: