Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Like a deadly pandemic gives a fukk about a 'timeline.' :mjlol:

I get the fatigue, but a timeline doesn't exist, especially not now with how badly we've botched the response.

Exactly. There is no real effective treatment and there is no way to inoculate people from getting it, so people will have to act accordingly.

People are just in the if I get it, I get it phase...but that will change with deaths rising or evidence of terminal damage.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like a deadly pandemic gives a fukk about a 'timeline.' :mjlol:

I get the fatigue, but a timeline doesn't exist, especially not now with how badly we've botched the response.
Exactly. There is no real effective treatment and there is no way to inoculate people from getting it, so people will have to act accordingly.

People are just in the if I get it, I get it phase...but that will change with deaths rising or evidence of terminal damage.
we're almost at the point where the general consensus will be to keep the vulnerable locked down, and let the rest of us live our life :yeshrug:

our strategy is clearly a failure, so why even keep up a pretense that it isnt :mjlol:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
we're almost at the point where the general consensus will be to keep the vulnerable locked down, and let the rest of us live our life :yeshrug:

They've been saying that since day one, and we might have been able to do that, but we didn't want to do the work of effective testing, contact tracing and mask wearing. So now we're at a point where the virus is spreading too uncontrollably to get back to normal without causing another super spreader event.

And 'vulnerable' is too vague at this point anyway. Just because you're not obese or a senior citizen doesn't mean you're not vulnerable. The right tried to look at that CDC report that only 6% of the deaths were from coronavirus alone as some sign that it wasn't that bad, but it's actually worse because it reinforces that America is a nation of comorbidities.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They've been saying that since day one, and we might have been able to do that, but we didn't want to do the work of effective testing, contact tracing and mask wearing. So now we're at a point where the virus is spreading too uncontrollably to get back to normal without causing another super spreader event.

And 'vulnerable' is too vague at this point anyway. Just because you're not obese or a senior citizen doesn't mean you're not vulnerable. The right tried to look at that CDC report that only 6% of the deaths were from coronavirus alone as some sign that it wasn't that bad, but it's actually worse because it reinforces that America is a nation of comorbidities.
i mean obviously you're right, but im not sure they can just make everyone wear masks forever. its an awful way to live and its destroying the country as we know it

come next spring i see a serious revolt play out against this shyt. hopefully we can get as serious as we can through the winter

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And this is why our response has and will continue to be a failure...this apparently keeps going over too many people's heads.
our response is a failure :yeshrug:

americans arent willing to make the sacrifice, and leadership failed on messaging. so at this point, id rather we just say fukk it and move toward sweden, because the half ass shutdown we're doing right now isnt worth it economically

we need to either go 100 percent, or do what swedens doing

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
i mean obviously you're right, but im not sure they can just make everyone wear masks forever. its an awful way to live and its destroying the country as we know it

come next spring i see a serious revolt play out against this shyt. hopefully we can get as serious as we can through the winter
Spring? Vaccine is going to be ready next month :yeshrug:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Spring? Vaccine is going to be ready next month :yeshrug:
well whatever it is, thats the strategy leadership should be playing in this country

we all bunker down and mask up from now til february, and then next spring its over. no more masks, life can go back to how it was if we all make the effort til then

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
well whatever it is, thats the strategy leadership should be playing in this country

we all bunker down and mask up from now til february, and then next spring its over. no more masks, life can go back to how it was if we all make the effort til then

Good or bad, life is not going back to how it was, EVER.