Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I am not American, I am British, so it's not far. Plus I am not staying in Germany.

If you are thinking of Europe consider the UK, Sweden, Switzerland and the Netherlands as well (although taxes are high). If you can get a gig in the Nordic countries salaries are high and if you live a spartan lifestyle you can save more. Also these countries use English more than Germany.

I can't really comment about Business Management opportunities. Plus as you know the economy doesn't have the best outlook at the moment.

The more tech you know the more it will help your case, so if you know advanced excel, some scripting, stats software, prince software, BPM or similar highlight them. The more tech you know the less likely it is that you have to be able to speak German.

You are right about civilian vs. army life in Germany. It's very different.
how does UK and Germany differ?

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
how does UK and Germany differ?

Generally ..

Socially: UK > Germany - by far. More brehs. More general acceptance - in big cities especially.

Integration: UK > Germany by far (in certain sections of society ONLY).

Wages: UK > Germany for skilled brehs (when Tax and everything taken into account).

PAWGing: UK more accessible, Germany better quality (non-Germans) generally speaking.

Education: UK > Germany at the top end.

Standard of Living: Germany (just about) still better than the UK but the gap is closing. German infrastructure is on another level altogether (better).

Food: UK more variety. Germany better average quality but very limited. UK bottom end is terrible.

Weather: Germany > UK

Far Right: Very little serious political influence in the UK. In Germany center right parties act like far-right sometimes. Running themes of Germans vs. Others (something which in the mainstream only UK trash press peddles in) and blood determining European-ness or german-ness, Resistance to changing the racial status-quo. Mainstream parties in the UK are classist and racist.

IMO :ufdup:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hate to say it but Biden ain’t getting this under control. Trump placated the American ego that thinks it's ready to sacrifice but not really.

I won't say he can't do it, but I will say it'll be extremely difficult.

The damage is done. The Trump base still won't GAF and Fox News will torch him no matter what he does. Within a month of inauguration, they'll be ready to attack.

Deaths go down: "Oh, look at that! As soon as Trump is out of office, the deaths magically decline, just like we said! Admit it, this was just a ploy to sabotage Trump's reelection!"

Deaths stay the same or go up: "What happened, libs? I thought you said Biden would have it under control! Admit it, this was just a ploy to sabotage Trump's reelection!"

Then you have to deal with the fact that it will be over a year of dealing with Covid, and I fully expect people will give and not want to have to do this two summers in a row.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
I was part of the study for convalescent plasma. I pushed for strain detection but it would cost too much and would take long. What I was told by the lead scientists was if we could detect the strains then it would work but that would be vaccine territory. In fact antibodies may work for some but not for others.

Same thing with stem cell infusion.