Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
It may have been a PCR testing. PCR can pick up dead viruses RNA but I am sure there was a reason he was tested in the first place.

quote from link "Genomic sequencing proves it's a re-infection"

Doesn't that show that it was a different infection altogether?

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I won't say he can't do it, but I will say it'll be extremely difficult.

The damage is done. The Trump base still won't GAF and Fox News will torch him no matter what he does. Within a month of inauguration, they'll be ready to attack.

Deaths go down: "Oh, look at that! As soon as Trump is out of office, the deaths magically decline, just like we said! Admit it, this was just a ploy to sabotage Trump's reelection!"

Deaths stay the same or go up: "What happened, libs? I thought you said Biden would have it under control! Admit it, this was just a ploy to sabotage Trump's reelection!"

Then you have to deal with the fact that it will be over a year of dealing with Covid, and I fully expect people will give and not want to have to do this two summers in a row.
They're not doing it now....

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
No problem. It's just my opinion. But in my opinion it is an informed opinion.

Very hard. if you come here after your teenage years then it's very very hard. You can get to levels C1/C2 with intensive effort (says 1 - 2 years) but it will be almost impossible not to make grammatical errors. We do the same in English but English sentence structure / /grammar isn't as rigid so it doesn't stand out as much.

Yes. Especially if you are non-German, non-white. Germany is not a free-wheeling society with doers and achievers. It is a comfortable place where most people know and stay in their place. This is not a "can do" society. It is a top down structured society which exchanges individual "liberty" for security.

It's nothing like America so you need to forget about assuming any analogues to what you see stateside.

Yes all non-whites but each group has their stereotype. Turks/Arabs are a bigger "problem" for Germans and Germany so they take the brunt of the mass high profile racism but blacks are seen as being lower than Turks by many incl. many Turks themselves.Turks have support networks, a large population in Germany and their own areas. They have big businesses, Turkey (a powerful NATO country) in the background and more of a voice.

Anyway the degree of actual racism received is many times individual so you need to do that calculus yourself - male/female, tall/short, brollic/wimp, masculine/soft, dark/light, smiley/serious and all that other shizzit. Bottom line is that outside of the regions I mentioned you would do well to have a professional career without relying on a niche (of friendliness, american companies etc). Getting a job at McD's might be a challenge in some regions of Germany.

-

You need to stop thinking in US terms to understand Germany. Their image of black people is beggars, crime, drugs, people sneaking into europe, poverty stricken and boats in the Mediterranean. They know there are exceptions somewhere in the world but they find it difficult to imagine that that exception is "you", the person in front of them.

Germany is like going back to the 1950's in terms of their attitudes and beliefs.

Arabs have it a bit better profession-wise but for all foreigners integration is a problem.

Salaries are lower than the States too.

It you are a tech breh hit up the Berlin start ups and the International US tech giants. Look at big tech in Munich, Aachen and international banks/consultancies in Frankfurt (am Main). You might not even need German to make a start at one of those (but yes you would be in a niche as I mentioned earlier).

For balance look at ...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9S-fIRveD6y8cFIC0coB4Q - non professional, non-high achiever breh.

- educated woman with ambition.

- german english language channel.

:mjcry: That second video got me in tears