Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The sad thing is, it won't cost of us nearly as much as people think if everyone would get on the same page. The problem is all of the people who are upset about their "profits".
Don’t forget everyone who wants the “freedom” to not wear a mask, literally the easiest thing possible. We have posters in TLR who don’t wear masks in public unless they’re required, and I’ve got friends and family who do the same no matter how many stats I show them.

At least 2020 is showing us who people really are.

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
Don’t forget everyone who wants the “freedom” to not wear a mask, literally the easiest thing possible. We have posters in TLR who don’t wear masks in public unless they’re required, and I’ve got friends and family who do the same no matter how many stats I show them.

At least 2020 is showing us who people really are.

Since this pandemic has started I have been keeping a mental note of how many stupid people I'm around. This is also including family.

At this rate I'm going to end up being a loner.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Yeah fall is when the bodies really start to drop, but we’re getting slammed in summer.

Pretty sure the nba will get cancelled will be by next week.

The NBA and DisneyWorld are dead, there's just no way they will reopen.

Once they fall I feel like at least Floridians will 'get it' - on the other hand, I feel like if those two go ahead anyway than we will need a real life Bugs Bunny to saw off the state from the rest of the world.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i mean breh thats literally their livelihood :yeshrug: i cant just call them terrible people for wanting to try to open their shyt up before they close forever. who knows how many years people put into these places. support is gonna start to wane real quick for shutting every bar forever becaise dr fauci says so

if it was just a$$hole customers suing to be able to get drunk at the bar, that would be another thing :dead:

I guess but they’re putting lives in danger. They don’t care about their staff or their customers.

They are fukked either way.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Since this pandemic has started I have been keeping a mental note of how many stupid people I'm around. This is also including family.

At this rate I'm going to end up being a loner.
I realized this a long time ago,breh the world is a lonely place. Most people are just too self centered, yet they have an engraved fear of missing out on doing something.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I never bought into the whole weather slows down transmission. When people in LA were still contracting it in 80-90 degree weather.

I really do think this is the first virus that has the blueprint to survive climate change. These things may not have a brain, but they are still living organisms, and a Virus will in time adapt to survive it's own eradication if the world is getting hotter.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
The NBA and DisneyWorld are dead, there's just no way they will reopen.

Once they fall I feel like at least Floridians will 'get it' - on the other hand, I feel like if those two go ahead anyway than we will need a real life Bugs Bunny to saw off the state from the rest of the world.

I am personally waiting for the death of the NCAA and NFL Football Season. Baseball is Americas Pastime. But the NFL is like America's beating heart, almost in a way a representation of America itself in some aspects. If the NFL's season is cancelled and there is no football for the Fall/Winter, then it will really sink even more about the situation.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I am personally waiting for the death of the NCAA and NFL Football Season. Baseball is Americas Pastime. But the NFL is like America's beating heart, almost in a way a representation of America itself in some aspects. If the NFL's season is cancelled and there is no football for the Fall/Winter, then it will really sink even more about the situation.
I have season tix. But I am pretty sure football is not happening this year. Worst year ever. I'm already bored out of my mind.

Althalucian

All Star
Daps
CDC says U.S. has ‘way too much virus’ to control pandemic as cases surge across country

The coronavirus is spreading too rapidly and too broadly for the U.S. to bring it under control, Dr. Anne Schuchat, principal deputy director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said Monday.

The U.S. has set records for daily new infections in recent days as outbreaks surge mostly across the South and West. The recent spike in new cases has outpaced daily infections in April when the virus rocked Washington state and the northeast, and when public officials thought the outbreak was hitting its peak in the U.S.

“We’re not in the situation of New Zealand or Singapore or Korea where a new case is rapidly identified and all the contacts are traced and people are isolated who are sick and people who are exposed are quarantined and they can keep things under control,” she said in an interview with The Journal of the American Medical Association’s Dr. Howard Bauchner. “We have way too much virus across the country for that right now, so it’s very discouraging.”

“What we have in the United States, it’s hard to describe because it’s so many different outbreaks,” Schuchat said. “There was a wave of incredible acceleration, intense interventions and control measures that have brought things down to a much lower level of circulation in the New York City, Connecticut, New Jersey area. But in much of the rest of the country, there’s still a lot of virus. And in lots of places, there’s more virus circulating than there was.”

The coronavirus has proven to be the kind of virus that Schuchat and her colleagues always feared would emerge, she said. She added that it spreads easily, no one appears to have immunity to it and it’s in fact “stealthier than we were expecting.”

With the current level of spread, Schuchat said the U.S. public should “expect this virus to continue to circulate.” She added that people can help to curb the spread of infection by practicing social distancing, wearing a mask and washing their hands, but no one should count on any kind of relief to stop the virus until there’s a vaccine.

“We can affect it, but in terms of the weather or the season helping us, I don’t think we can count on that,” she said.

CDC says U.S. has 'way too much virus' to control pandemic as cases surge across country

:picard:

Sigh...my wife and I could've left this country years ago. Be a stupid American, brehs.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Let's keep it a brick. If and when NYC and some of the other states/cities that are deemed a "success" start to reopen we're gonna see cases rise again. There is nothing material that has changed about the virus. I think all the shyt slinging is counter-productive.

Part of it issue is the state and the rush to get back to normal but part of it is people as well. I was in NYC last weekend helping family move out and in BK I saw enough people moving around like there wasn't a virus.

No economy can remain shut down forever. That is just a fact.

It'll really come to a point in time where Covid-19 just becomes like the flu that we have to deal with. That is until there's a vaccine.