Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Are deaths going to start skyrocketing soon or are the hardest hit people insulated?
depends on your definition of skyrocketing, a few hundred people a day are currently dying from this. my unscientific prediction is that by late October / early November we will be back in the thousands dying per day.

the hardest hit are the elderly and the ones with multiple underlying symptoms. I want to believe that most places with large numbers of elderly are on the ball at this point. People with underlying symptoms well that's a different story

Either way, winter is coming.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Welcome to fukking societal decay.

Udate: I might go into the trenches depending on how things go. Once I pass the test that they have given to me for Temporary Nurse Aid ( cna ish) and interview then hopefully I will soon start . They will have us monitoring covid patients at an nursing home. I'm scared but made an promise to my mom in regards to eventually becoming a nurse and I want to help ppl. So fingers crossed.

You better go up in there dressed like Walt and Jesse about to cook up a batch.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
deflation is worse because it stagnates everything. Need people spending money. If spending slows (deflation) it leads to less people working, leads to reductions in both working class and salaries.

Small inflation is good for an economy, as it promotes investing.

Ah. I thought you were saying that people are worried that the current economic plan was gonna cause deflation. Which I can't see happening because of all the money being thrown into the economy.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Ah. I thought you were saying that people are worried that the current economic plan was gonna cause deflation. Which I can't see happening because of all the money being thrown into the economy.
It does because the money being thrown never gets to the people. The money gets pooled into assets that dont get spent in the economy (banks dont lend, money goes to inflate stock prices etc), and during harsh times, people save a lot more so there's less spending. It's why despite all the printing inflation is really low. Deflation is worse because there's less growth, and available capital. It also makes debt that much harder to pay off which would fukk most people up more.

The velocity of money has nosedived since the dot com crash, and wages being stagnant has killed the growth of the people:

Velocity of M2 Money Stock

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
It does because the money being thrown never gets to the people. The money gets pooled into assets that dont get spent in the economy (banks dont lend, money goes to inflate stock prices etc), and during harsh times, people save a lot more so there's less spending. It's why despite all the printing inflation is really low. Deflation is worse because there's less growth, and available capital. It also makes debt that much harder to pay off which would fukk most people up more.

The velocity of money has nosedived since the dot com crash, and wages being stagnant has killed the growth of the people:

Velocity of M2 Money Stock

I thought the money being thrown into the economy was keeping up the velocity of money and that's why there's wasn't any inflation or even less deflation. IOW, the stimulus kept the velocity from dropping.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its going back up in NY? :snoop:

This was a given since thry were reopening. Folk forgetting why things were shut down in the first place. It was to not overwhelm the hospitals. It wasn’t about beating the virus or any of that shyt. So when hospitals get overwhelmed again thry will shut this shyt down. Make masks mandatory and enforce the rules. A lot of businesses are not following them. If you gotta fine people then so be it.

Folk have proven thry cant follow orders even if it’s life and death. The youth especially don’t give a fukk.