Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Daps
https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/america-is-officially-in-fukk-it-mode

profanity filtering out the fukk but a pretty good rundown of the country’s absurd response

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
By the Middle of June, it gonna look bleak :merchant:

Memorial Day was the first major test America had to prove itself with the new norms of social distancing and safety measures. Looked like it failed.....miserably.
Just got back to the crib from work. Downtown packed. River front lit. Bunch of young nikkas and they thotties in the back seat damn near hit me while I was walking at the stop sign.

Ain’t no going back now...

No lies told, I go bike riding with two layers of masks and a covering for an hour or so and people complain about wearing one in public.

shyts are tearing the back of my will smith ears up :sadcam:

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Just got back to the crib from work. Downtown packed. River front lit. Bunch of young nikkas and they thotties in the back seat damn near hit me while I was walking at the stop sign.

Ain’t no going back now...

shyts are tearing the back of my will smith ears up :sadcam:

Masks aren’t comfortable but I rather be safe then sorry :manny:

---

Superstar
Daps

Need way more of this!

What I have learned through this whole ordeal that people are straight-up soft! Mask hurts, can't wear it! Mask makes me look ridiculous can't wear. Softness everywhere!

Large sections of the populations are battle-ready and ready to commit to a higher cause and some can't get past their own bullshyt!

An older generation would handle this virus way better, they would have asked the basic question of what needs to be get done. And more or less do it!

And answered all we have to do is wear masks and laughed and done it and move on. The softness everywhere is just
:scust:!

Last edited:

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Just as someone posted here said we will see by mid June if the reopening around Memorial Day was a success or failure. For me I’m more worried about the second wave in the fall/winter. The reason because the combo of the flu and the virus. It’s annoying to me that this govt isn’t getting ready for the prospect of a second wave. I for one wish the second wave doesn’t come because it would mean another long fukking lockdown. We have to do this right and prepare rightfully. But it seems Trump and the Republican Party thinks this is all over and aren’t taking it seriously. The bright side of all this is that in NY out numbers are dropping which is good. Another two- three weeks like this we will be in very good shape.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
An older generation would handle this virus way better, they would have asked the basic question of what needs to be get done. And more or less do it!
when-saving-the-world-1.jpg

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Close to 80,000 people storm Tybee Island beaches over holiday weekend

by: Alex Bozarjian

Posted: May 25, 2020 / 05:29 PM EDT / Updated: May 25, 2020 / 06:29 PM EDT

TYBEE ISLAND, Ga. (WSAV)- Tybee Island once again experienced massive crowds on their beaches. City leaders said they counted nearly 38,000 cars and estimate atleast 80,000 people were on and around the beach.

The Department of Natural Resources, Georgia State patrol and Tybee police had all hands on deck this. They did their best managing the crowds, but say the island is simply not equipped to handle this many people.

“We are trying to survive and live in an environment that is not situated for thousands upon thousands individuals coming in,” said Demery Bishop, 13 year Tybee resident.

People like Bishop who call Tybee home said this weekends crowds were surreal. He said cities beaches were packed with out of towners, many who chose not to practice social distancing.

“It’s almost like they get here and as soon as they cross Lazaretto Creek like okay we are in fantasy land and there are no rules,” said Bishop, “that does not apply and that creates a big issue for us, the residents.”

Mayor Shirley Sessions said the influx can often lead to severe parking issues and excessive trash on the beach.

“Those were the calls that I got from people who were not happy citizens, who were not happy and people who’ve continued to see the lack of space distancing,” said Sessions.

The city doesn’t have a code enforcement division, meaning police have to carry the load. Bishop thinks the extra hand could make all the difference.

“We’ve got to be sure that we are addressing our local issues our local trash problems, the little issues, the tourist issues,” said Bishop, “police control just the whole host of things that cities have.”

Tybee Police did have the help of two state agencies over the weekend. Sessions said they were able to keep crowds under control and are learning best practices as they go.

“I think people are really beginning to understand that there is only so much we can do that we have to have people take personal responsibility,” said Sessions.

Sessions said they are once again expecting large crowds for the Fourth of July, which is why canceling the islands fireworks was absolutely necessary.

Jesus H Christ people