Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

MIKE SPLEAN

Superstar
Daps
Because of the way this handled, at the federal level, and absolute disaster, the states really have to start opening up, it's not sustainable, and in many cases, it's probably reasonable to reopen. This did so much damage to the economy, and communities, and probably a lot of that was avoidable, had there been a comprehensive federal response. Keeping "locked down" will be a purgatory non starter for local governments, it's a danger politically, and economically, faced with protests, and disruptive local leadership, it's a mess.

if there was leadership in the executive brach, there would have probably never been a lockdown, but since there, was, the executive brach is so out of step with everything, states really don't have options.

Things are going to open, and for the most part, I think California will be fine. I don't know about the NE hotspots.
People will die if they open up.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
People will die if they open up.

There's no other way to go now, it's like a half bandaged wound, apply gauze, and try to stabilize it, is the best that will be done. California is open, dine in is happening in San Diego as of this weekend, and next week. LA will be the last, but I expect by mid June. No one can expect Newsom or anyone else to hang on longer, with growing unrest, and no federal support.

MIKE SPLEAN

Superstar
Daps
There's no other way to go now, it's like a half bandaged wound, apply gauze, and try to stabilize it, is the best that will be done. California is open, dine in is happening in San Diego as of this weekend, and next week. LA will be the last, but I expect by mid June. No one can expect Newsom or anyone else to hang on longer, with growing unrest, and no federal support.
Nah fukk that ima keep working from home :mjlol:

y’all enjoy

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah fukk that ima keep working from home :mjlol:

y’all enjoy

See how long that lasts with the economy shut down. Y’all really don’t get it. Countries that dragged their feet and fukked up are going to pay the ultimate price whether they open it up or stay locked down. Y’all gotta get trump outta there like yesterday.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Because of the way this handled, at the federal level, an absolute disaster, the states really have to start opening up, it's not sustainable, and in many cases, it's probably reasonable to reopen. This did so much damage to the economy, and communities, and probably a lot of that was avoidable, had there been a comprehensive federal response. Keeping "locked down" will be a purgatory non starter for local governments, it's a danger politically, and economically, faced with protests, and disruptive local leadership, it's a mess.

if there was leadership in the executive brach, there would have probably never been a lockdown, but since there, was, the executive brach is so out of step with everything, states really don't have options.

Things are going to open, and for the most part, I think California will be fine. I don't know about the NE hotspots.
They'll open up only to be forced to lock down again in a month. :childplease:

Rural areas will have more flexibility but larger towns and cities will have outbreaks and go back to square one.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego

Rural areas will have more flexibility but larger towns and cities will have outbreaks and go back to square one.

Not seeing that happening in Bay Area or San Diego, and LA will be dealing with this for the rest of the year, but like most things, it's going to start, more in a more pronounced fashion, being a problem for the underclasses, who will have more death. Nor do I wish it to happen, though it could. SD is at less than 5% for a two week average, with increased testing.

I agree, that it's not the time for clubs or bars to open, but the gradual stuff is probably the right move. I have moved very freely through this last two months, but the recklessness of many is worrisome, even for myself, who holds no great faith in humankind. If there was a some day long day drink binge festival tomorrow, I feel like at least 3500 people are showing up in downtown.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

i don;t think anyone is gonna go back to square one unless the hospitals get overwhelmed :yeshrug: should be less chance of that, now that we're prepared

i saw a poll that like 80 percent of people are apprehensive about going out, so people will just be cautious and shyt. probably the most realistic way forward

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Not seeing that happening in Bay Area or San Diego, and LA will be dealing with this for the rest of the year, but like most things, it's going to start, more in a more pronounced fashion, being a problem for the underclasses, who will have more death. Nor do I wish it to happen, though it could. SD is at less than 5% for a two week average, with increased testing.

I agree, that it's not the time for clubs or bars to open, but the gradual stuff is probably the right move. I have moved very freely through this last two months, but the recklessness of many is worrisome, even for myself, who holds no great faith in humankind. If there was a some day long day drink binge festival tomorrow, I feel like at least 3500 people are showing up in downtown.

i don;t think anyone is gonna go back to square one unless the hospitals get overwhelmed :yeshrug: should be less chance of that, now that we're prepared

i saw a poll that like 80 percent of people are apprehensive about going out, so people will just be cautious and shyt. probably the most realistic way forward

All it takes is one event/gathering to create another outbreak. One event where 3,500 people get together, spread it around, then they take it to your local grocery store, etc. and it goes from there.

Now some of those people will have children...who will spread it to other kids if schools are open in the fall...who will spread it to their parents, grandparents, teachers, bus drivers, etc...you get the picture.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Because of the way this handled, at the federal level, an absolute disaster, the states really have to start opening up, it's not sustainable, and in many cases, it's probably reasonable to reopen. This did so much damage to the economy, and communities, and probably a lot of that was avoidable, had there been a comprehensive federal response. Keeping "locked down" will be a purgatory non starter for local governments, it's a danger politically, and economically, faced with protests, and disruptive local leadership, it's a mess.

The country hasn't been that closed if we're being honest. :comeon:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The country hasn't been that closed if we're being honest. :comeon:

I think that's reasonable, but if your business was closed, or the business you work was closed you would feel differently. And those people who have been following guidelines to the letter, probably more so than they should. Isolating for 2 weeks and all that.

I do feel like some people some would rather be right about an outbreak, or second wave, than have some success. And another thought, is that the lack of leadership on a national scale, was really missed. In the beginning people were really motivated, many people whose lives aren't "boring", but they found excitement in quarantines, and panic buying, hand sanitizer, masks and gloves. But, after weeks of that level of discipline, with no real reward, you start to wonder, what is the point of this?

So, point 1 is that a more moderate approach is much sustainable in general, I'm fine to do what I have been doing for another year, broadly speaking. Many of the more extreme people, aren't or can't. Nor, do they have a real reason to. They may find Newsom too liberal, or too distant, San Diego leadership too bland and moderate, this where a presidents leadership is needed.