Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's three distinct routes to this.

Bars reopen, coronavirus doesn't do shyt, it was all a hoax by the fake news media. #OBAMAGATE

Bars reopen, coronavirus does exactly what we know it does, people get sick, people die, no one wants to go to bars anymore because of the risk of sickness, bars close down

Bars don't reopen, the government actually comes up with a plan, Americans accept that they and their economy is not shyt in the eyes of a fukking virus born of nature and they STFU and stay home

Do you see another route to this? We can burn money for corporate bailouts and taxcuts but as soon as that money goes towards the common man the pearl clutching begins and the deficit actually matters
i think things are going to open up, cases will go up and people will die in at risk groups. but since we cant stay closed, people will deal with it and the proposal will end up leaning toward sheltering at risk groups

if you think the government is gonna propose printing the money to keep americans at home for two years, well :huhldup: i applaud your confidence

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Places are opening despite spikes and flareups. Reopening bars before you contain a virus this contagious is so beyond stupid. All the government had to do was cut chucks, subsidize bills, provide any incentive to stay inside, let this ride out, then start reopening. They're doing this half-assed and backwards

of course, but the result isn't going to be as grim, I don't think, for all my opinion is worth, which isn't much.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
70 percent of deaths in rhode island have been in nursing homes. 83 percent of deaths in florida are over 65. what are you talking about :what:

What's the risk of COVID-19 for a healthy young person?

MOST healthy adults are not at risk of dying from this thing. that's controversial to say now? :dahell:

1. Pipe down, why are you so defensive?
2. Look at the date on the article you posted, that's no longer advice that is being gvien.
3. I don't know what the elderly population is in RI but south FL has more elderly people per capita than most places so it would make complete sense that their percentages are high.
4. We've all read about a lot more than a few cases of young healthy adults dying from covid.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. Pipe down, why are you so defensive?
2. Look at the date on the article you posted, that's no longer advice that is being gvien.
3. I don't know what the elderly population is in RI but south FL has more elderly people per capita than most places so it would make complete sense that their percentages are high.
4. We've all read about a lot more than a few cases of young healthy adults dying from covid.
and weve read about most recovering :dahell:

where is YOUR evidence?

Daps
i think things are going to open up, cases will go up and people will die in at risk groups. but since we cant stay closed, people will deal with it and the proposal will end up leaning toward sheltering at risk groups

if you think the government is gonna propose printing the money to keep americans at home for two years, well :huhldup: i applaud your confidence
You cant protect at risk groups unless they never leave their house or have contact with anyone thats not isolating. Its really a matter of deciding how many deaths are acceptable and "normal". Fed didnt have to print money for 2 years, but paying people to sit their asses at home through July is certainly not out of the range of what our government can do. At this point any measures they implement will be far more difficult, and probably costlier, than if they had a plan and did cost estimates in the first place. Fail to plan, plan to fail and all that cliche shyt

of course, but the result isn't going to be as grim, I don't think, for all my opinion is worth, which isn't much.
Here's hoping but there's very little scientific evidence to support the idea this won't be a shytshow. I wouldn't be surprised is if we all lose someone we love or know by the end of this since human hubris knows no boundaries. fukk do I know though, my opinion is weighted the same as yours. It feels like we're crash test dummies in the slowest moving car crash of our lives, hoping we all get lucky and escape with only cuts and bruises

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah, no one wants to get the virus. no shyt. and most people get over it

so which democrats are proposing a two year lockdown, or explaining how that will work? which was the point of my original post

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

so which democrats are proposing a two year lockdown, or explaining how that will work? which was the point of my original post
What's to explain? :dwillhuh:

I am amazed that people are acting as if they have a choice in not participating in a pandemic.

Your options are to limit your interaction with people. You don't, you run the risk of contracting the virus. The more people who refuse to limit their contact, the higher those chances become and the more people who potentially become infected. Its that simple. It doesn't matter how anyone really feels about it, how their business is going to perform or how the economy is going to perform, this is whats going to happen until the virus dies out or the global population is inoculated.

Ghost_In_A_Shell

Talk No Jutsu
Daps
It's an interesting conversation

We need to have an conversation about resources to fight the Coronavirus along with how the virus has been used to oppress us more.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's to explain? :dwillhuh:

I am amazed that people are acting as if they have a choice in not participating in a pandemic.

Your options are to limit your interaction with people. You don't, you run the risk of contracting the virus. The more people who refuse to limit their contact, the higher those chances become and the more people who potentially become infected. Its that simple. It doesn't matter how anyone really feels about it, how their business is going to perform or how the economy is going to perform, this is whats going to happen until the virus dies out or the global population is inoculated.
bars and restaurants employ 20 percent of america, and cannot operate at 25 percent capacity. im asking you to explain your solution for that

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
bars and restaurants employ 20 percent of america, and cannot operate at 25 percent capacity. im asking you to explain your solution for that
We've been around this circle multiple times now.

The bottom line is that this virus has changed how we will act socially for the near future. That's a fact independent of whether we open everything back up tomorrow or in a couple months. So business owners are going to have to get innovative to keep their businesses, not by choice but out of necessity.

If I was a business owner, I'd stay closed until at least after I see the results of a potential second wave and attempt to get my profit and losses subsidized by the government as much as possible. I'm going to lose more than I profit but the idea is to actually still have a business of some sorts when we get to the other side of this.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
yryyiqj1cqz41.jpg

Please die. Just............... Just fukking die

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
70 percent of deaths in rhode island have been in nursing homes. 83 percent of deaths in florida are over 65. what are you talking about :what:

What's the risk of COVID-19 for a healthy young person?

MOST healthy adults are not at risk of dying from this thing. that's controversial to say now? :dahell:

Not sure why you continually want people to put 2 and 2 together for you.

Not dying does not mean that you are "ok". That should be obvious, Lots of people "recover" from things like Cancer or don't die from HIV without being "ok". We are almost 6 months in and you still haven't reviewed the mechanics of Covid19 infection. It is a sliding scale before symptoms become apparent to the infected. Just because you don't feel pain / sick it doesn't mean you are "ok".

These risk factors are what have led to people who can put 2 and 2 together to actually put 2 and 2 together.

US Army

A diagnosis of the COVID-19 coronavirus may keep prospective recruits out of the U.S. military, according to a memo from U.S. Military Entrance Processing Command making the rounds on Twitter.

U.S. Military Entrance Processing Command issued the missive to recruit processing stations saying a history of COVID-19, confirmed by a laboratory test or a clinician diagnosis, is permanently disqualifying.

And "during the pre-screen process, a reported history of confirmed COVID-19 will be annotated 'Considered disqualifying,' " the memo adds.

Soccer / Football

Despite rigid hygiene guidelines for the restart of the Bundesliga this weekend, a leading German sports doctor has warned footballers are still at risk of suffering "irreversible" and potentially career-ending lung damage from the coronavirus.

With Europe's other top leagues at least a month away from resuming, the German Football League (DFL) has drawn up strict rules for when games restart today.

The DFL says while no plan could ever be "100 per cent safe", the guidelines aim to create a playing environment with a low, "medically-justifiable risk".

But professor Wilhelm Bloch, from the German Sports University in Cologne, warns that contracting the coronavirus has the potential to end a player's career.

Links

Links about Lung Damage.

Already quoted several times in the above so I am not digging them out.. again...

--

Why not actually watch a class on the mechanics of Covid19 disease progression? It has been months...

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

"permanent lung damage" is not "getting over it". it is surviving.

At least address that part of OP's post directly.