Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
:patrice:

Well, you should never run a business. The government isn't subsidizing all your losses. Most small businesses barely make it as is and now you're shutting them down for months if not years. Thats grossly unrealistic and you're basically giving these businesses a death wish. Most people that built up their own companies will gladly risk coronavirus if that means the survival of their business aka their livelihood.
How exactly did you miss "as much as possible"? And have you been sleep with all of the money that has recently been approved for big business and wall street?

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
fine, then let her :dahell:

are you suggesting that 20-50 year olds should be doing the current measures for the next 3 years? :laff:

you think grandma is gonna have it easier when this country looks like Mad Max with one half led by donald trump jr and one half led by AOC? :dead:

:patrice:

Well, you should never run a business. The government isn't subsidizing all your losses. Most small businesses barely make it as is and now you're shutting them down for months if not years. Thats grossly unrealistic and you're basically giving these businesses a death wish. Most people that built up their own companies will gladly risk coronavirus if that means the survival of their business aka their livelihood.

Every single time this issue is raised we get this circular argument. @the cac mamba if we are keeping it a buck, you raised this issue from the time people said the virus may last longer than three months. The answers you get obviously aren't sufficient as you keep going back to the same questions.

So, hopefully for the final time.

No one wants people to lose their livelihood. Let that be clear.

At the same time, making the assumption that things will simply go back to normal, is silly and naive and is probably what got countries like the US and the UK in a situation with a raft of deaths.

@ill Realistically, unless business models change, any place that makes a profit from the gathering of people is at risk, and there needs to be a plan.

If the virus persists like it seems it will, and people continue to die, folks are still going to stay home when deaths start hitting close to home. So those businesses will still ultimately suffer.

That said, no one wants to starve to death. We need a plan for LIVING WITH covid-19. Acting like nothing is wrong isn't a plan. Neither is hoping things blow over.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
How exactly did you miss "as much as possible"? And have you been sleep with all of the money that has recently been approved for big business and wall street?
i guess the key part of your post is big business and wall street. small businesses, especially black ones can't seem to get any of that action.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Every single time this issue is raised we get this circular argument. @the cac mamba if we are keeping it a buck, you raised this issue from the time people said the virus may last longer than three months. The answers you get obviously aren't sufficient as you keep going back to the same questions.

So, hopefully for the final time.

No one wants people to lose their livelihood. Let that be clear.

At the same time, making the assumption that things will simply go back to normal, is silly and naive and is probably what got countries like the US and the UK in a situation with a raft of deaths.

@ill Realistically, unless business models change, any place that makes a profit from the gathering of people is at risk, and there needs to be a plan.

If the virus persists like it seems it will, and people continue to die, folks are still going to stay home when deaths start hitting close to home. So those businesses will still ultimately suffer.

That said, no one wants to starve to death. We need a plan for LIVING WITH covid-19. Acting like nothing is wrong isn't a plan. Neither is hoping things blow over.
i don't know how you're doing it in england, but i'm fairly certain that by the time july rolls around we're gonna see some sort of movement against this shyt :yeshrug: let alone 3 years from now

also, our states are broke. i know you can go to the crown to get money over there, but we can't.

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
Businesses can open and the Government can act like everything will go back to normal when cities open back up all they want. Im NOT sitting in a restaurant, going to the movies, going to any concert, going to any amusement parks, any bar or any place outside of a grocery store until at least spring next year maybe summer. Will I die? probably not but I've seen what that virus does to someone, I don't want catch it and will do whatever I can to keep myself out of situations where I'm around a bunch of people. If I am required to go back to work, im driving, no trains for me and I'm going to keep wearing my mask for the foreseeable future. I'm sure I'm not alone, so all these people rushing to open shyt back up needs to understand, business arent going to be making money like they were pre covid so they better come up with plan to survive.

King Ming

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Azania
can you share the full text? Hit the paywall

China’s murky role in the genesis and spread of the novel coronavirus has disturbed the entire world. Its attempts to economically coerce Australia into its geopolitical orbit should disturb the world even more.

Australia is one of the United States’ staunchest allies. It was saved from Japanese invasion in World War II by the U.S. victory in the Battle of Coral Sea and has stood side by side with America ever since. Australian troops, known as “diggers” Down Under, have fought in every major U.S. military engagement thereafter, including the Korean and Vietnam wars, both wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Australia and the United States are also bound to one another by a mutual defense treaty and a free trade agreement.

China nonetheless wields significant economic influence on our ally. Australia is a fount of metal and other raw materials that has prospered greatly by selling those products to its massive neighbor. More than a third of its annual exports go to China, eclipsing what is sent to the United States, Japan and South Korea combined. Chinese travelers made more than 1.4 million visits to Australia in 2018, contributing 27 percent of the money tourists spent there in the 12 months ending November 2019. And more than 100,000 Chinese students are enrolled in Australian universities, providing those i

This makes recent Chinese actions highly threatening to the U.S.-Australian relationship. The Communist government has halted Australian beef imports in response to Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s call for an international investigation into the origins of covid-19 in China. Chinese officials have gone further, with its ambassador to Australia implying there might be a student boycott of the country’s universities. Beijing has also threatened to impose tariffs on Australian barley and reduce tourist travel after the pandemic subsides. The message is clear: If a country takes Chinese money, it must toe China’s line.

China has tried the same tactics against U.S. businesses. Its attempt to coerce the National Basketball Association into preventing its players, employees and fans from criticizing China’s actions in Xinjiang province and Hong Kong attracted national attention. It has also pushed Hollywood into censoring the movies it shows in China and regularly uses its economic partnerships with U.S. companies to lobby against President Trump’s trade war. It has even censored a public statement by the European Union’s ambassador to China. Chinese money might appear to come from its private sector, but that sector always seems to behave exactly as the government wants it to.

This means the United States and its allies have a hard decision to make. The more China’s economy grows, the more economic power its government can wield. It’s clear that Beijing is increasingly emboldened to use that power to force obedience to its dictates. Those dictates are not, and will not, be friendly to Western freedoms and democracy.

AD

A slow but steady decoupling of Western companies from China could limit Beijing’s power, but this will be difficult in the pandemic’s aftermath. China’s foreign reserves make it a tempting partner to countries looking to mitigate debt burdens while its markets offer tempting opportunities for growth. Taking the bait will only increase China’s already malign influence on Western mores and culture.

Western leaders should look to bring manufacturing and investment back home or to other, more politically similar countries. The United States can encourage more investment in Mexico or Canada. Europe can invest in its Eastern European neighbors. Asian manufacturers can turn to Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia or even Vietnam. India also offers an appealing destination for companies that seek low-cost labor or high-quality English-speaking professional talent. The change cannot happen overnight, but it must happen if China’s rising influence is to be curtailed.

There are encouraging signs that it might happen. Politicians in the United States, Britain and Australia are already calling for such moves. European leaders are generally more cautious, but they still resist attempts by the Chinese telecommunications company Huawei to build those nations’ 5G networks. Public opinion in the West is also generally negative toward China. The Pew Research Center found in late 2019 that residents of most U.S. allies viewed China negatively, and a recent poll of Germans found more than 70 percent believed China bore at least some blame for covid-19’s spread and one-third wanted to reduce ties between the two nations.

Chinese emperors used to force envoys from neighboring states to recognize their total superiority by use of the kowtow — abjectly prostrating oneself on the floor before the emperor and his officials. It also forced those nations to acknowledge China as “the Middle Kingdom,” i.e., the center of the world. Communist China’s actions to suppress international criticism is just the first step toward a resumption of that despotic ritual. The United States and the West need to stand proudly on their feet and resist.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
Of course but don't tell me that the money isn't there because that's not the problem.

How much debt are you trying to put us in? Pelosi wants to add $3 trillion. We’ve already added 1 trillion. Why not take the rest of the year off and add 10 trillion in debt? There’s plenty of money like you say.