Coronavirus in the arcadium

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
That's how it should be across the board tho.
Like meech saying, gloves will facilitate the spread if it was present on a surface. But the reality is you're not gonna get sick handling shyt. That statement isn't true for 100% of the people but 90+ % of you are straight. Does anybody here know anybody who has it? Not even a friend of a friend on Facebook got it that I know of but I'm lucky i guess?

I don't wear shyt, and I'm outside daily, hit up the grocery store every other day. I got 2 small kids, a pregnant wife about to pop and an elderly woman i take care of so I gotta be careful. We all do, pay attention, be smart. This info right here might make you feel better about covid, but the bigger picture is still :merchant:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Like meech saying, gloves will facilitate the spread if it was present on a surface. But the reality is you're not gonna get sick handling shyt. That statement isn't true for 100% of the people but 90+ % of you are straight. Does anybody here know anybody who has it? Not even a friend of a friend on Facebook got it that I know of but I'm lucky i guess?

I don't wear shyt, and I'm outside daily, hit up the grocery store every other day. I got 2 small kids, a pregnant wife about to pop and an elderly woman i take care of so I gotta be careful. We all do, pay attention, be smart. This info right here might make you feel better about covid, but the bigger picture is still :merchant:

I was speaking moreso of the masks with my quote than anything, as that's the way it should be done, to treat it as if everyone already has it or that you yourself already have it and you're trying not to infect others. CDC was initially telling folks only where the masks if you showed signed of illness and then even they switched it up a couple weeks later saying that everyone is suggested to be doing that much to prevent infection, considering how long folks could be asymptomatic. That's the safer play on this.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Unless u got an n95 mask, your mask is useless, and even then, if you are staying away from people as you should, the mask is not needed. Only people who have corona or who have come in contact with corona should be wearing mask, but they should be at home anyway.

Gloves are stupid, I don’t know who’s idea it was, but don’t wear them, they make you worse off.
The mask isn’t just for you to avoid getting the virus; it’s to avoid spreading it. People have walked around with the virus without feeling/showing any symptoms at all. The idea of a cloth over the mouth and nose is to mitigate any particles coming from you into another person. If I wear a mask it’s not to save me, it’s to save your parents/grandparents, or anyone else in your home because none of us know we are carrying it until we’re hooked up to a ventilator almost.
EVERYONE should be at home. You could very well head out, and bring it back home to a loved one. As far the gloves; they’re great but most of the population has no idea how to properly use them. They should be used and changed often. People think having a glove is essentially a pass to touch every single thing in sight and then throw them away when they rip or when they get back home.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

I personally know 2 people that died from it and one friend of a friend. You got 2 small kids, a pregnant wife, and elderly person in your home then I hope you are not going out unless absolutely necessary. Arrogance isn’t going to do anyone any good right now.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The mask isn’t just for you to avoid getting the virus; it’s to avoid spreading it. People have walked around with the virus without feeling/showing any symptoms at all. The idea of a cloth over the mouth and nose is to mitigate any particles coming from you into another person. If I wear a mask it’s not to save me, it’s to save your parents/grandparents, or anyone else in your home because none of us know we are carrying it until we’re hooked up to a ventilator almost.
EVERYONE should be at home. You could very well head out, and bring it back home to a loved one. As far the gloves; they’re great but most of the population has no idea how to properly use them. They should be used and changed often. People think having a glove is essentially a pass to touch every single thing in sight and then throw them away when they rip or when they get back home.
Like I said I ain’t trying to discourage anyone from trying to be safe, but unless you have the right mask it’s not doing much to help. Test it out. Breath through your mask onto a cold glass and watch your breath condensate on the glass. shyts not really helping. It only helps if you are actually coughing and sneezing up large particles it will obviously stop them.

More important than any mask is to stay the fukk away from people.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I personally know 2 people that died from it and one friend of a friend. You got 2 small kids, a pregnant wife, and elderly person in your home then I hope you are not going out unless absolutely necessary. Arrogance isn’t going to do anyone any good right now.
Could you give details on any of their deaths. I've heard many different stories, maybe you could shine some light on it.

As for catching it, its not airborne right? Idk, the news says things like how buses are shut down... buses have never stopped running here. Im at a laundry mat right now :yeshrug:

I also would like your opinion on the things rizza spoke of in the video

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I have to drive to work 5 days a week

Not touching my face in public

Keep disinfectant wipes in car to wipe steering,w door handle and hands after pumping gas.

Hands washed when arriving at destination leaving destination and or return home

Phone wiped down

Wallet wiped down

I should wipe my debit card down

Clothes immediately in hamper when returning home

Hot shower wash with head and shoulders.

Packages picked up with gloves at door and brought to garage to sit for 5 days minimum

One glove for the trash dumping

Corona can't pull up

Last edited:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Like I said I ain’t trying to discourage anyone from trying to be safe, but unless you have the right mask it’s not doing much to help. Test it out. Breath through your mask onto a cold glass and watch your breath condensate on the glass. shyts not really helping. It only helps if you are actually coughing and sneezing up large particles it will obviously stop them.

More important than any mask is to stay the fukk away from people.

You don't necessarily catch this from hot breath though. Any type of face covering will lower the spread of larger particulates that land on surfaces. Might not totally block them from coming out but at least it will keep them confined to tighter spaces when they're expelled.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You don't necessarily catch this from hot breath though. Any type of face covering will lower the spread of larger particulates that land on surfaces. Might not totally block them from coming out but at least it will keep them confined to tighter spaces when they're expelled.
Nah it’s in hot breath

That’s the only way an asymptomatic person is transmitting it, cause obviously they aren’t coughing and sneezing.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Could you give details on any of their deaths. I've heard many different stories, maybe you could shine some light on it.

As for catching it, its not airborne right? Idk, the news says things like how buses are shut down... buses have never stopped running here. Im at a laundry mat right now :yeshrug:

I also would like your opinion on the things rizza spoke of in the video
Breh, you're playing with fire.

The scariest part of this pandemic for me is the fact that people can have mild or no symptoms at all and spread this. I'm not the type that gets sick at all. I don't think I've ever even had the flu in life, but I have parents, aunts/uncles who are in the demographic that COVID-19 is wiping out.

I stay away from my mother in-law who's diabetic and over 60, not in fear of myself getting sick, but because I can expose it to her not knowing.

My parents live in Northern Cali, and both still going to work everyday (pops works at Home Depot, moms is a Post Master with USPS), I check in on them daily. Moms had flew out here early March literally the week prior to everything shutting down, and that was probably the most stressed I been ever.

Don't think this shyt is sweet until it's not

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Nah it’s in hot breath

That’s the only way an asymptomatic person is transmitting it, cause obviously they aren’t coughing and sneezing.

I was without a mask a couple weeks ago and witnessed a couple drops of saliva come out of my mouth as I was talking. I was already wearing masks before this, but after seeing that happen, it made me even more vigilant about wearing them when out in public.

Globules and droplets do likely carry the virus, but that doesn’t mean that anyone who gets a droplet on them from someone’s breath is going to be infected. Transmission depends on a host of factors; scientists believe an important one of these is “viral load,” which is a measure of how much of the virus is present.

Breath may have some transmission value, but the larger the drop, the larger the viral load it would contain (by my hypothesis at least). These drops are what I'm trying to contain by wearing a facial covering.

Last edited:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
To be fair my life hasn't changed that much apart from less work. I'm a homebody anyway.

At one my jobs, of my driver's died from Corona. Hurt me as he was one of the best drivers in the garage and a very good man. He was always extra in keeping his cab clean (disinfecting it), wearing gloves and masks. This was years before corona virus even hit.

Life is short brehs. Look after yourself and your family and appreciate them.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I was without a mask a couple weeks ago and witnessed a couple drops of saliva come out of my mouth as I was talking. I was already wearing masks before this, but after seeing that happen, it made me even more vigilant about wearing them when out in public.

Breath may have some transmission value, but the larger the drop, the larger the viral load it would contain (by my hypothesis at least). These drops are what I'm trying to contain by wearing a facial covering.
There’s plenty of studies I could link showing the ineffectiveness of most “masks” people can get their hands on, but I’ll let you look them up for yourself.

I’ll just say think about how specific that drop of saliva is coming out of your mouth. How often could that drop leave your mouth and make it into a random strangers mouth/eyes? Not very often, or ever really especially if you are staying 6ft away from people as you should. That’s not how this thing is being spread.

It’s the invisible drops dissolved in the air you breathe out. People in enclosed areas sharing the same air. The close encounters, kissing, hugging, contaminated hands, etc

A scarf isn’t going stop any of that. If you have no choice but to be close to other people and you don’t have access to a proper mask then a scarf is “better than nothing” but that’s about it. If you are staying the fukk away from people and obsessively washing your hands, then you have nothing to worry about.