Coretta Scott King was against illegal immigration because she saw it hurt black labor

Do you agree with Coretta Scott King's letter?

• Yes

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

GMoney

Nostalgia Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Abundance
:mjlol: Congress been pushing tax code for decades that further transfers damn near ALL the wealth in this country to the top 0.1% year after year. Literally wiping out the entire middle class before our very eyes. But yet yall worried about Hector and José working some temp jobs. As if it would make a difference in the grand scheme of things. After illegal immigrants are gone what's the next boogeyman gonna be - robots?

Yall get distracted by the most frivolous shyt I swear.

nikkas think if illegal immigrants weren't around then there would be this strong working class utopia of labor unions with high wages for all:mjlol:

nikkas quiet as hell about the tax code further widening the racial wealth gap but want to rah rah over Juan Carlos

Look at this absurd deflection...made even worse by the fact that you are quoting words parsed out from a statement in which I called out the rich.

Had this thread been made about Congress, then maybe you would have a point, but it wasn't.

Juan Carlos is complicit, period. He doesn't get a pass for struggling. Moreover, since Juan Carlos is in the mix of everyday life/economy while the rich sit behind their "gated communities", it's natural that much of the focus is on him. Another problem is that Juan Carlos ain't checking for Congress or TPTB either. How bout you tell Juan Carlos the same political realities you tell us? or do you hold him to a different standard? Does he bear any responsibility for his actions?

Last edited:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Just gonna quote what I wrote earlier.

and that was spot on. I was saying this during the campaign season and got called all types of agent, trump supporter, c00n so I dropped it. too many emotional outbursts. :hubie:

as much as I support the ADOS movement, a part of me believes it's too little too late

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Some of y'all are either a plant, a undocumented immigrant or someone who knows one.

what's sad is that they're none of these things - they're just ordinary minded individuals being told what to stand behind, so they're being obedient.

they're literally telling black folks to willingly give up everything we currently have (which ain't much), and share it with muthafukkas that just walked over here illegally

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Everything progressive society tells us is ok is actually massively detrimental......from sexual deviance, to smoking weed, to allowing undocumented immigration, to hate speech laws. All of it is meant to weaken us.
nikka what? :gucci:
There's no way your dumb-ass is Black and think hate-speech laws are harmful, or that smoking weed is "weakening us." :gucci:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Goldman Sachs is a breeding ground for the 1%

It's anti minorities and women in general and one of the biggest sexual harassment places in existence. You don't move up there just by being good, especially as a woman.
Not a breeding ground, a gathering place. I have friends that work for GS. You really can move up there by just being good.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Some of y'all are either a plant, a undocumented immigrant or someone who knows one.
what's crazy is that I know a one or two myself because my family is Jamaican.

The thing is, they're DOCUMENTED illegals because they essentially overstayed visas :wow: They have papers :whoo:...bad papers...but papers :snoop:

So in essence, the government literally knows they exist which is wild when you think about it.

Then you've got a WHOLE OTHER LEVEL of illegality with UNDOCUMENTED illegals :mindblown: These people LITERALLY do not exist on paper. They would disappear and no one would notice. Thats what we're talking about here.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yeah. clearly you didn't read coretta's letter either.

she wanted more penalties against republicans removing sanctions for employing illegals, effectively hurting black labor en masse.
I'm aware.
Her position, just like yours, is woefully shortsighted.
For a man that believes in capitalism, you seem really pressed into state intervention, which is laughable.
Undocumented immigration isn't the issue: corporations skirting the laws are the issue.

The reason why African-Americans face any danger in regard to our wages being undercut is because we're essentially still an underclass.
The reason why illegal immigration increased is directly correlated to the US abridging of the temporary residency programs, the US-led drug war, and the mass-violence we bankroll, arm, and stoke.

You should already know this.

Yet the problem is being willfully ignored, you're only focusing on those affected secondarily (illegal immigrants) and those that they then affect (African-Americans.)

DoomzdayzV

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka what? :gucci:
There's no way your dumb-ass is Black and think hate-speech laws are harmful, or that smoking weed is "weakening us." :gucci:

Im black and to your ignorant ass self, which breed of cac controls every resource on the planet, and engineers our society from bottom to top? thats a question u arent allowed to answer bruh, much less explore how and why these people attained this power. So long as we are unable to publicly identify our oppressor....we will never fix our problem. Dialog is impossible

edit: Mods are probably gonna get at me AGAIN

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I'm aware.
Her position, just like yours, is woefully shortsighted.
For a man that believes in capitalism, you seem really pressed into state intervention, which is laughable.
Undocumented immigration isn't the issue: corporations skirting the laws are the issue.

The reason why African-Americans face any danger in regard to our wages being undercut is because we're essentially still an underclass.
The reason why illegal immigration increased is directly correlated to the US abridging of the temporary residency programs, the US-led drug war, and the mass-violence we bankroll, arm, and stoke.

You should already know this.

Yet the problem is being willfully ignored, you're only focusing on those affected secondarily (illegal immigrants) and those that they then affect (African-Americans.)
Capitalism in the USA is heavily regulated, so you seem to be operating from some notion of strict literalism to a concept that doesn't actually exist.

The jobs that raised generations of aspirational black youth are non-existent as well as opportunities for those same youth to gain critical skills as a result of being in DIRECT competition with millions of people who undercut their access to the job market.

Again, temp visas are not illegal immigration. Anything thats documented, is inherently not-illegal immigration (i.e. refugee status).

Tell me. Who used to work in these fast food jobs before swaths of illegals found refuge there? U.S. fast food caught in immigration crosshairs | Reuters

Then tell me why youth unemployment (and other ailments like crime, drug use, etc.) is so high in urban black youth :sas2:

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
and that was spot on. I was saying this during the campaign season and got called all types of agent, trump supporter, c00n so I dropped it. too many emotional outbursts. :hubie:

as much as I support the ADOS movement, a part of me believes it's too little too late
I disagree...yes there are all sorts of obstacles that will have to be overcome, but the fact that this conversation is even being had in public in the first place gives me a lot of hope.

Tons of cracks in the foundations of both major political parties...the ongoing crisis of legitimacy that legacy Democrats and Republicans are struggling with is a huge opportunity for us.