Coretta Scott King was against illegal immigration because she saw it hurt black labor

Do you agree with Coretta Scott King's letter?

• Yes

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
That Trump Russian collusion thread was a huge flop now you trying to switch. No shame what so ever

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WEll actually, the 1920s-1960s was the ONLY period in our history that our incomes rose faster than everyone else's.

We made more progress in that time than anytime in the past 400 years.

Poverty was halved from the mid '60s to early '70s:yeshrug:

I’ll need to see receipts and how that is linked to immigration policy.

In general, the post WW2 boom and increase in progressive policies helped spread the wealth more broadly.

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
police brutality threads of cops getting off are a bust too. Is that what you want to celebrate?

Don't switch the topic, and start trying to pull the heart strings of the coli, Apu. You have continuously posted deceitful crap, And a thread you have a link to where you have done your democratic owners biddings was a failure, and nothing but lies. Your people are for illegal immigration, your people want to keep black folks in the dark, you are a demon, stop trying to play the coli you clown

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359

In general, the post WW2 boom and increase in progressive policies helped spread the wealth more broadly.

The whole Great Migration and Blacks getting northern factory jobs happened primarily because the immigrant spigot was cut off. There are a lot of books and papers on this you can read, I can't look up now. In addition, Southern congressmen supported European immigration since it limited the options of Black sharecroppers and kept them in peonage. There are old planter magazines going back to the 19th century supporting European and Asian immigration to force Blacks against the wall. I remember one I read even said immigrants "would let the White man to tell the ******s to work or starve!"

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps

It's linked to immigration policy because we stopped importing immigrants from Europe after World War I, forcing northern factories to hire Black men, which drew millions of Black people from the south.

Now, a lot of Black people were coming up anyway due to KKK, but Black people who couldn't get jobs that were reserved for European immigrants in the past now went to Black people.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's linked to immigration policy because we stopped importing immigrants from Europe after World War I, forcing northern factories to hire Black men, which drew millions of Black people from the south.

Now, a lot of Black people were coming up anyway due to KKK, but Black people who couldn't get jobs that were reserved for European immigrants in the past now went to Black people.

You are not answering my question so I’ll make it clear.

Even in times of low immigration, blacks were still working the shyttiest jobs and the income and wealth was always well below that of whites. The unemployment rate for blacks is always double that of whites despite the health of the economy or level of immigration.

Seems to me the only real constant is white racism.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You are not answering my question so I’ll make it clear.

Even in times of low immigration, blacks were still working the shyttiest jobs and the income and wealth was always well below that of whites. The unemployment rate for blacks is always double that of whites despite the health of the economy or level of immigration.

Seems to me the only real constant is white racism.
In Plessy v Ferguson when blacks were working as Train Porters...not the most glamorous job, but a significant job with union leverage in the country at the time.

Do you think illegals should have been doing that job?

@Raymond Burrr @Red Shield @Michael's Black Son @Trajan @Sukairain @YouMadd? @SupremexKing @#1 pick @Clutch Robinson @Cat piss martini @AndroidHero @Pirius Black @ba'al @panopticon @johnedwarduado