Who Wins The 2024 Copa América?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
What gets me the most is when the U.S. soccer fans and I see this a lot on Reddit be like it don’t matter even if we got a tyreek hill or Lebron type, tho lebron probably would be to big to play, they wouldn’t have the skill but as you showed in that video Messi was playing since a jit imagine if we just got one or two of our kids from poverty to start that early most can’t start till like high school or middle school
Oh yeah, no doubt.

I'm actually saying though to get that ultra special 1-of-1 player that'll carry a country over, nobody really has a say of who that'll be as it can come from any country.

Messi is a great example of that as someone who isn't going to blow any sports combines away athletically, but look what he can do on the field. That guy is seen as the greatest person to ever play on a soccer field and there have been 110 billion people to have walked this planet. There is nothing phenomenally different from Messi and any ordinary athlete, except the way he plays soccer.

I think we can raise our floor with training like other countries have, but will we ever produce a 1-in-100 billion type of player? Nobody can answer that.

Last edited:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Soccer is not just about athleticism ; this narrative needs to stop

Skill and tactics> brawn
See my previous post

But let’s not get too crazy. Athleticism is absolutely important. Theres not many great players who didn’t have certain above average attributes. The problem is when you overemphasize that part of the game over the other things

Daps
Oh yeah, no doubt.

I'm actually saying though to get that ultra special 1-of-1 player that'll carry a country over, nobody really has a say of who that'll be as it can come from any country.

Messi is a great example of that as someone who isn't going to blow any sports combines away athletically, but look what he can do on the field. Messi is seen as the greatest person to ever play on a soccer field and there have been 110 billion people to have walked this planet.

I think we can raise out floor with training like other countries have, but will we ever produce a 1-in-100 billion type of player? Nobody can answer that.
Messi is athletic as hell tho bro and we definitely can Argentina produces hella top quality players so does the Brazil

Daps
See my previous post

But let’s not get too crazy. Athleticism is absolutely important. Theres not many great players who didn’t have certain above average attributes. The problem is when you overemphasize that part of the game over the other things
Exactly I said the same thing I hate when soccer people act like the best players ain’t athletic as hell that’s like saying yea not Michael Jordan is more skill and brawn over his athleticism it goes together imo to be truly elite

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Exactly I said the same thing I hate when soccer people act like the best players ain’t athletic as hell that’s like saying yea not Michael Jordan is more skill and brawn over his athleticism it goes together imo to be truly elite
Americans don’t really understand why countries are good. It’s all they know. They play everywhere, all the time. They hone their skills in the streets and in academies. These guys are not random regular Joe’s who can do more than average keepy ups lol

We’re good at basketball bc we fukking ply all the time everywhere. We hone our skills against good players. It’s exactly the same in soccer. You don’t coach players into good players, you coach good players who are already pretty fukking good players to play a certain way lol

Last edited:
Daps
Americans don’t really understand why countries are good. It’s all they know. They play everywhere, all the time. They hone their skills in the streets and in academies. These guys are not random regular Joe’s who can do more than average keepy ups lol

We’re good at basketball bc we fukking ply all the time everywhere. We hone our skills against good players. It’s exactly the same in soccer. You don’t coach players into good players, you coach good players to who are already pretty fukking good players to play a certain way lol
Playing basketball all the time is fairly new in America Jordan didn’t take basketball seriously till he was in high school same with many of the other greats

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Messi is athletic as hell tho bro and we definitely can Argentina produces hella top quality players so does the Brazil
While he is, the guy is 5'7 148 lbs.

That can come from anybody. Probably without training that's maybe 5'7 160-170 lbs. That's a very ordinary person.

It's the way he processes the field, approaches the game, etc. that makes him special and one-of-a-kind on that soccer field.

Just because you have good soccer programs doesn't mean you'll ever produce a Messi. There's a lot of mid and flops they produce as well. They have Neymars and the like, but a Ronaldinho is much rarer.

Last edited:
Daps

That can come from anybody. Probably without training that's maybe 5'7 160-170 lbs. That's a very ordinary person.

It's the way he processes the field, approaches the game, etc. that makes him special and one-of-a-kind on that soccer field.
Idk bro he quick as hell I think people underestimate his athleticism because just like you says he 5’7 148 not many people have his agility and balance and quickness to do what he do even if they see it

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Idk bro he quick as hell I think people underestimate his athleticism because just like you says he 5’7 148 not many people have his agility and balance and quickness to do what he do even if they see it
Like Kobe said, quickness is a mentality though.

To be able to tell yourself "I want to be there, back here then over there and zip the ball from this foot to there and over their head" has as much to do with the brain and processing as it does your body to be capable of it.

It requires coordination and fast twitchiness, but the elite of the elite simply think differently on top of it and not everyone is that special.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps

Just because you have good soccer programs doesn't mean you'll ever produce a Messi. There's a lot of mid and flops they produce as well. They have Neymars and the like, but a Ronaldinho is much rarer.
1. 5’7 148 sure but that’s with insane core strength, recovery, straight line and lateral quickness, power…bros not a ordinary person come on. No professional athlete is normal. Height and weight don’t always tell the whole story in sports. I agree he’s autistic when it comes to football though, one of a kind

2. You’re right, good programs don’t mean that, there’s a lot of other factors. But it definitely increases your chances. You don’t produce a Ronaldhino without the infrastructure and culture Brazil has for football. Etc etc