Copa América 2024 [6/20-7/14] “Coming 2 America”

Who Wins The 2024 Copa América?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I didn’t get to watch the game had to work. Were we complete outclass or did we put up a fight?

And ugly ass COMEBOL game where the US had a couple of looks but didn't finish. Uruguay ultimately scored off a dubious set piece but it was all under the veneer of a really shyt camera and a ref that seemingly just learned the rules like a week ago.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I was thinking about this the other day. All the athletic brothers in America, we should have had a Vini Jr by now. Like damn

Too much bifurcation of athletic talent
Too expensive in the US for poor kids to play
MLS is nowhere near as cool or electrifying as NBA/NFL
School/College soccer systems put way too many miles on kids bodies and they aren't playing against elite competition.
Coaching is too self-indulgent to develop raw athletes into technical players/too much dependency on athleticism.
Kids don't learn tactics at a young age.

I could go on and on man.

Daps
Too much bifurcation of athletic talent
Too expensive in the US for poor kids to play
MLS is nowhere near as cool or electrifying as NBA/NFL
School/College soccer systems put way too many miles on kids bodies and they aren't playing against elite competition.
Coaching is too self-indulgent to develop raw athletes into technical players/too much dependency on athleticism.
Kids don't learn tactics at a young age.

I could go on and on man.
Exactly until we get serious about lower the cost to play soccer will be just like baseball where we get guys who are there because their parents had money there is no way that group is the best soccer players we could’ve developed outta 340 million people

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
There is no way to really build a special soccer player.

Because you can basically be average height and dominate, your competition will be about 8 billion people.

Either you're going to "chosen" to be special where the game is just so incredibly easy for you to the point that it's disrespectful for the other 8 billion people to be on the field with you, or not.

Messi was an average-looking Spanish/Italian was doing this:

That's just not physical attributes, that's just chunking the game in an incredible way, seeing, processing and playing with the situation in ways other players are not even thinking about. It's not that he grew up in a soccer family or had brothers who played soccer either, a lot of people grew up the same way in areas that loved soccer even more, with better coaches - and they're no Messi.

Last edited:
Daps
There is no way to really build a special soccer player.

Because you can basically be average height and dominate, your competition will be about 8 billion people.

Either you're going to "chosen" to be special where the game is just so incredibly easy for you, or not.
I agree my thing is we just limit our pool so much like for football the entry fee is like 150-200 bucks soccer is just way more expensive

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Exactly until we get serious about lower the cost to play soccer will be just like baseball where we get guys who are there because their parents had money there is no way that group is the best soccer players we could’ve developed outta 340 million people
This is facts. These cac travel baseball teams have really made it hard for little brehs to have a chance. Lil kids be 10 years old and they parents taking them across the country for tournaments.

Toussaint

Struggle, challenge, and rise to struggle again
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
shake-hand.gif

Daps
This is facts. These cac travel baseball teams have really made it hard for little brehs to have a chance. Lil kids be 10 years old and they parents taking them across the country for tournaments.
Fr and those idiots on Reddit don’t realize that they comeback is always well well the mls academies made their teams free but like there’s what 29 teams with 3 in Canada so really 26 how tf is that gonna cover all of America one and what about the players who don’t live close to an mls team

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I agree my thing is we just limit our pool so much like for football the entry fee is like 150-200 bucks soccer is just way more expensive
Yeah, although even then nobody is guaranteed to be special even if they have governments trying to build them up.

There are players of all walks of life who have had parents and coaches spend probably over a million dollars on them total and they aren't anything special. shyt, there are a lot of countries who have expended a lot of money on their soccer teams and they've never got real close to a World Cup.

That's one crazy thing I've learned about soccer, it can literally be anyone.

Last edited:
Daps
Yeah, although even then nobody is guaranteed to be special even if they have governments trying to build them up.

There are players of all walks of life who have had parents and coaches spend probably over a million dollars on them total and they aren't anything special.

That's one crazy thing I've learned about soccer, it can literally be anyone.
What gets me the most is when the U.S. soccer fans and I see this a lot on Reddit be like it don’t matter even if we got a tyreek hill or Lebron type, tho lebron probably would be to big to play, they wouldn’t have the skill but as you showed in that video Messi was playing since a jit imagine if we just got one or two of our kids from poverty to start that early most can’t start till like high school or middle school