Copa América 2024 [6/20-7/14] “Coming 2 America” (Final: Argentina/Colombia)

Who Wins The 2024 Copa América?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
First thing they gotta do is get rid of the corruption in their fed and have a plan with everyone on board top to bottom. The talent will comeback but their fed's gotta clean up their act.
You could say that about every fed in the Americas. :heh:

Daps
Yes and no. From a pricing perspective, you’ll always want close to full capacity especially in the earlier group stages. The semi’s and finals will always be packed so you can host in whatever the fanciest stadium is.

Never said this Copa’s attendance was poor. US Copas have higher average attendance than all Copas hosted in 20 yrs this I know.

I’m arguing they could optimize revenue and attendance if they got smarter with scheduling.

The Colombia vs Paraguay match got 67K in attendance. Imagine having that match in the NYC area instead (assuming there’s a stadium of similar size and quality). Could easily hit 75K at full capacity.

Nah bro, 2019 Copa had empty seats and the pitches were poor, too. I watched that Copa closely. Same with 2015, low attendance.

Google it. Average attendance at the 2016 (46k) Copa was higher than 2007 (40k), 2011 (34k), 2015 (25k), 2019 (33k) Even the 2024 running avg (46k) will likely top 2016.

Agree with the travel bit but 1) the best stadiums are all over the country 2) there’s the tourism factor of things, you want people to see different parts of the country. It happens with every footie tournament, it’s multi city unlike the Olympics. US is just a big ass country lol

If not the US then who? Last I remembered, Ecuador pulled out and Brazil didn’t want to host 3 in a row.

Players dislike it? Idk man…I’ve seen / heard different :patrice:
He's talking from a puritan view. I grew up in Latin America so havr a good ides of the mindset. There is and justifiably so a lot resentment towards the US. They used the region as their playground for fukkery. Latin America begrudgingly works with the US out of necessity (or more fittingly because the fukks designed it to be so), so when it comes to futbol it is seen as "nuestro juego", something that we are better at than the gringos and can beat them into a pulp and embarassment. Our own little way of "get back" for all of the rest. So when he says South Americans aren't thrilled about it, it comes from the notion of "here is another fukkin thing these gringos have come to take of ours." Everybody acknowledges the financial incentives, but it is the sanctity of having "our own" that is untouched is what drives the anger.

concise

Veteran
Daps
dikkriding culture has come to a disgusting zenith

At no point in my life has it gone through my head to go to nikka hotel to say happy birthday :hhh:

I had a chance to have the GOAT Henry sign a jersey in NY and couldn’t bring myself to fight through the crowds, shyt never that serious

Imagine the ride back home after doing something like this. :mjlol:

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
dikkriding culture has come to a disgusting zenith

At no point in my life has it gone through my head to go to nikka hotel to say happy birthday :hhh:

I had a chance to have the GOAT Henry sign a jersey in NY and couldn’t bring myself to fight through the crowds, shyt never that serious

Yeah that's some other shyt, I don't know who raised these cats.