Copa América 2024 [6/20-7/14] “Coming 2 America” (Final: Argentina/Colombia)

Who Wins The 2024 Copa América?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
We ain't playing with the South Americans. We coming for shythousery and blood. :birdman:
qOI9UP.gif

“Hello Endrick…”:demonic:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Nah bro, 2019 Copa had empty seats and the pitches were poor, too. I watched that Copa closely. Same with 2015, low attendance.

If not the US then who? Last I remembered, Ecuador pulled out and Brazil didn’t want to host 3 in a row.

Players dislike it? Idk man…I’ve seen / heard different :patrice:
1.- 2015 we hosted and used smaller stadiums because we don't have big ones (Nacional is the biggest one and it holds 45-47k tops for fútbol). Neither our Copa or 2019's had whole sections without anyone that I remember. And again, it's about hosting in 60-80k stadiums that have zero chance of getting filled up. 15k in a 22k stadium doesn't look as bad as 40k in a 65k stadium with the whole upper section empty.

2.- Argentina and Uruguay could easily host it. Hell, Argentina was supposed to host in 2021 before Covid and fukkery changed things. Copa América is a South American tourney, if they want to make it so the whole continent is a part of it (I'm not opposed to it) then at least put some effort on it. My main point is that the U.S is a powerhouse, very few can make a spectacle of things like y'all but this tournament feels like a 3rd rate effort. If we gonna get this level of lazyness, then give it back to south america and let us keep having the same ol' Copa, at least it feels more heated when he have it over here.

3.- Players from Argentina, Canada, Chile and the U.S have all felt :francis: about different things about this tournament. The only people happy about the U.S hosting it are the Conmebol and Concacaf executives that got who knows how much money to give the OK to this :pachaha:

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
1.- 2015 we hosted and used smaller stadiums because we don't have big ones (Nacional is the biggest one and it holds 45-47k tops for fútbol). Neither our Copa or 2019's had whole sections without anyone that I remember. And again, it's about hosting in 60-80k stadiums that have zero chance of getting filled up. 15k in a 22k stadium doesn't look as bad as 40k in a 65k stadium with the whole upper section empty.

2.- Argentina and Uruguay could easily host it. Hell, Argentina was supposed to host in 2021 before Covid and fukkery changed things. Copa América is a South American tourney, if they want to make it so the whole continent is a part of it (I'm not opposed to it) then at least put some effort on it. My main point is that the U.S is a powerhouse, very few can make a spectacle of things like y'all but this tournament feels like a 3rd rate effort. If we gonna get this level of lazyness, then give it back to south america and let us keep having the same ol' Copa, at least it feels more heated when he have it over here.

3.- Players from Argentina, Canada, Chile and the U.S have all felt :francis: about different things about this tournament. The only people happy about the U.S hosting it are the Conmebol and Concacaf executives that got who knows how much money to give the OK to this :pachaha:

IMO having a whole tournament being held in one host country does not work for South America in terms of attendance; if it's Peru vs Chile the game should take place in either Peru or Chile

Same way Libertadores and Sudamericana need to go back to two-legged finals, last year's Sudamericana final was supposed to be held at the Centenario in Montevideo but they took it to a twenty-thousand-capacity venue at the last minute so it wouldn't look empty cause they knew neither LDU nor Fortaleza supporters were gonna fill up a 60-thousand-seat joint in Uruguay.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
When guys like Paqueta and Guimaraes are starting in midfield for Brazil, there’s a clear drop off in talent

No disrespect to those guys bc they’re solid players, but they don’t and never did scream Brazil quality :hubie:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
I went to In N Out this morning, spent most of my day at the beach, I get to spend the next few days hanging out in LA, and I’ll be able to tell future generations that I saw the worst Brasil squad of all time in person. Not many people can say they saw this type of embarrassment live.

I’m not even mad :ehh:

haaricht-black.gif

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
IMO having a whole tournament being held in one host country does not work for South America in terms of attendance; if it's Peru vs Chile the game should take place in either Peru or Chile

Same way Libertadores and Sudamericana need to go back to two-legged finals, last year's Sudamericana final was supposed to be held at the Centenario in Montevideo but they took it to a twenty-thousand-capacity venue at the last minute so it wouldn't look empty cause they knew neither LDU nor Fortaleza supporters were gonna fill up a 60-thousand-seat joint in Uruguay.
You are absolutely right about the 1 game in neutral field Final for Libertadores and Sudamericana, that was a dumb idea that they tried to copy from UEFA and it has not worked at all. But I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work for Copa América, main reason being that the travel and scheduling would make it almost impossible for it to work for a 2 week tournament and the home field format is what makes the WCQ so important here. We'll see if the aura continues now that it's easier to qualify than to be out of the WC, but for 30 years that shyt felt waaay more important than any Copa America (even though it had 4-5 "winners" instead of 1 champion).

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The biggest issue is Conmebol pricing regular folk out of these games. FIFA has price controls for the World Cup and just like 94 these stadiums are going to be packed which is what they are designed for. The field issue will be taken care of because it’ll be a showcase event and the owners want no bad publicity.

Only thing I’m worried about is a bunch of Northern Europeans getting rolled up in a Walmart parking lot because they think a Midwest summer is sweet.