Copa América 2024 [6/20-7/14] “Coming 2 America” (Final: Argentina/Colombia)

Who Wins The 2024 Copa América?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

concise

Veteran
Daps
You are absolutely right about the 1 game in neutral field Final for Libertadores and Sudamericana, that was a dumb idea that they tried to copy from UEFA and it has not worked at all. But I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work for Copa América, main reason being that the travel and scheduling would make it almost impossible for it to work for a 2 week tournament and the home field format is what makes the WCQ so important here. We'll see if the aura continues now that it's easier to qualify than to be out of the WC, but for 30 years that shyt felt waaay more important than any Copa America (even though it had 4-5 "winners" instead of 1 champion).

I'm still shocked that they can't figure out how to properly market Libertadores or Sudamericana effectively in the States. Bein Sports coverage is barebones and lacking. At least when there were Mexican teams in it, all the Spanish language media used to provide decent coverage on it but that is years ago now.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
IMO having a whole tournament being held in one host country does not work for South America in terms of attendance; if it's Peru vs Chile the game should take place in either Peru or Chile

Same way Libertadores and Sudamericana need to go back to two-legged finals, last year's Sudamericana final was supposed to be held at the Centenario in Montevideo but they took it to a twenty-thousand-capacity venue at the last minute so it wouldn't look empty cause they knew neither LDU nor Fortaleza supporters were gonna fill up a 60-thousand-seat joint in Uruguay.

I thought the phuckery between River and Boca and the final being moved to Madrid played a part in this?

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Didn't even realize we were in the zero fukks given Nunez era now....

:ohhh:

75353bb0-31fb-11ef-8b63-6193f1de3bb7.png.webp
:wow:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
While I'm sure most of us grew up watching Brazil being dominant and exciting...countries go through this

There are periods where they struggle, have a talent deficit before working themselves back into real contention for these tournaments...we just saw Brazil & Brazilian footballers be great at the dawn of the internet so it sticks out much more for us.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
While I'm sure most of us grew up watching Brazil being dominant and exciting...countries go through this

There are periods where they struggle, have a talent deficit before working themselves back into real contention for these tournaments...we just saw Brazil & Brazilian footballers be great at the dawn of the internet so it sticks out much more for us.
It is wild. I started watching and getting invested in soccer during the 02-10 era. So the Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Cafu, Rivaldo, KaKa, Adriano, Roberto Carlos... One day theyll return to form:francis:

concise

Veteran
Daps

scorpino

Love Yourz
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Traveled from nj to Houston for the Colombia game and man that felt and looked like a World Cup match. Great atmosphere and I liked that nrg has a closed roof and AC….the only thing that sucked was getting into the stadium and being able to buy a fukking beer. Besides that great experience

Nero Christ

Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
It is wild. I started watching and getting invested in soccer during the 02-10 era. So the Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Cafu, Rivaldo, KaKa, Adriano, Roberto Carlos... One day theyll return to form:francis:

First thing they gotta do is get rid of the corruption in their fed and have a plan with everyone on board top to bottom. The talent will comeback but their fed's gotta clean up their act.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal

England been like this since the 1960s :wow:

Nero Christ

Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
My hot take theory has been Brazilians moving to Europe too early, not enough home grown stars in their leagues anymore. Even Neymar spent a good amount of time winning in Brazil before moving

Europe...you not a colleague, you a fukking colonizer

Daps
Reppin
NYC

These national teams all struggle and go through cycles and miss out on world cups.

I remember in the early 2000s when Serie A was popping and Italy had a strong national team going into 2002...and then winning in 2006....if you had told me that Italy would be missing world cups and looking like ass 20 years later I would have laughed at you. I always thought Italy was a footballer production machine and even they have dropped off like crazy, they should have lost that Euro to England but that's another story.

I remember Argentina in the 90s getting whooped by Colombia 5-0, even the USA got a 3-0 win over them :mjlol: