Copa América 2024 [6/20-7/14] “Coming 2 America” (Final: Argentina/Colombia)

Who Wins The 2024 Copa América?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
What a great game and atmosphere last night (until the final whistle)

I was leaving when the fight between the Uruguay families and Columbia fans was going on, so missed that. I figured it would get a little ugly.

There was a family of 3 (Columbia fans) in front of me, and throughout the whole 2nd half, a Uruguay father/son standing nearby watching in the aisle. So they were going back and forth in Spanish about the game the whole 2nd half. When the final whistle blew, crowd went crazy over the Columbia win, and the Columbia son, who was sitting in front of me, picked up his beer to hurl it at the Uruguay pair. As he did, half of it spilled right on me. I let the fam know and he (and his pops) were apologetic (plus I didnt want static from 60k Columbians). They apologized over and over, just claiming they were so happy over this big win. I dapped him up but I was out right after. I figured the scene wasnt going to get better.

Still, overall, top 3 in person sporting experience and atmosphere I have been to to-date. 70k in there. It was so much fun.

Cant wait for the World Cup. I am already planning to see a Canada game in Vancouver and a US game the next day in Seattle. (June 18-19, 2026)
*Colombia descarado! que dificil es escribir eso?. :stopitslime:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Darwin Núñez, Matías Viña, Mele, José María Giménez, Mathías Olivera, Pellistri, Ronald Araújo, Brian Rodríguez, Emiliano Martínez, Bentancur and Sebastián Cáceres are the 10 Uruguayan players Conmebol is looking into. As the deadline to respond is next week, they will be able to play vs Canada for 3rd"

:francis: Looks like Uruguay will be full strength against us. This third place match matters for us - if we win we get a huge bump in our FIFA ranking.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Reminds me when I went to see USA vs Honduras at Mile High for the Nations league. There was one cop trying to direct traffic and the crowd for the entire event. The Mexican fans were running up on him trying to get him to wear a sombrero. “Sir please, sir. SIR!” :damn:

My mom asked if I was gonna take my kid to the final and I looked at her like :comeon:
Exactly because I’d be Darwin Nunez in the stands if Mexico lost. And sure enough that’s what happened.

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah biesla went off heres the translated video.

its been a success for the organizers pockets, but it could have been better, from attending both it felt second rate compared to the euros. I'm sure FIFA will do better in two years.

EDIT: Read that they might bring the 2028 Copa to the US. I read it on wiki so not sure if its true......... BTW is it just me or did the 2016 Copa in the US seem like it was praised far more than this year's version???

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.

Damn!

morgan-freeman-good-luck.gif

:mjlol: