Copa América 2024 [6/20-7/14] “Coming 2 America” (Final: Argentina/Colombia)

Who Wins The 2024 Copa América?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

charknicks

All Star
Daps
What a great game and atmosphere last night (until the final whistle)

I was leaving when the fight between the Uruguay families and Columbia fans was going on, so missed that. I figured it would get a little ugly.

There was a family of 3 (Columbia fans) in front of me, and throughout the whole 2nd half, a Uruguay father/son standing nearby watching in the aisle. So they were going back and forth in Spanish about the game the whole 2nd half. When the final whistle blew, crowd went crazy over the Columbia win, and the Columbia son, who was sitting in front of me, picked up his beer to hurl it at the Uruguay pair. As he did, half of it spilled right on me. I let the fam know and he (and his pops) were apologetic (plus I didnt want static from 60k Columbians). They apologized over and over, just claiming they were so happy over this big win. I dapped him up but I was out right after. I figured the scene wasnt going to get better.

Still, overall, top 3 in person sporting experience and atmosphere I have been to to-date. 70k in there. It was so much fun.

Cant wait for the World Cup. I am already planning to see a Canada game in Vancouver and a US game the next day in Seattle. (June 18-19, 2026)