Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Fam we been talking about this all year lol. We don't have the talent to run sets, which is why we run. This hasn't changed, them nikkas be lost out there at times.

Facts.

It stems from the lack of shooting, mostly. They can just clog the lane.

But still, I've never seen a team just refuse to cut.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I'm ok with this I just think FVV thinks he deserves max money which will be a hard pill to swallow. Brunson got it so he prolly feel the same.
If they make a FVV/GTJ trade, they gotta hardball FVV in the summer. I wouldn't pay him more than $15-18 million for 2-3 years. If he wants $30+, let some other fool team give him that.

GTJ I could live with getting $20-25 million since he's 24 and has size.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If they make a FVV/GTJ trade, they gotta hardball FVV in the summer. I wouldn't pay him more than $15-18 million for 2-3 years. If he wants $30+, let some other fool team give him that.

GTJ I could live with getting $20-25 million since he's 24 and has size.

orlando is in on FVV. they've been linked to him for a couple of years now. they're saying orlando gonna throw him major money in the offseason.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Something that needs to be even more discussed is the Lakers 4th qt defense. We are terrible in crunch time defense. Worse than our offense.

Obviously having a midget guarding Ingram isn't ideal and can account for some of it, but it's been a constant issue.. LeBron will score a bunch in the 4th, and other team just routinely answers back. Lakers offense goes cold, other team continues hitting shots

seraphx

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Something that needs to be even more discussed is the Lakers 4th qt defense. We are terrible in crunch time defense. Worse than our offense.

Obviously having a midget guarding Ingram isn't ideal and can account for some of it, but it's been a constant issue.. LeBron will score a bunch in the 4th, and other team just routinely answers back. Lakers offense goes cold, other team continues hitting shots
I legit DREAD any close games and overtime. It always feels like a collapse is imminent smh.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps

We offered exactly what we said needed to be on the table and should have closed the deal. Russ and both firsts. Dallas cutting off their nose to spite their face is the only issue. #lakerstax

Like I said from the start …that Dallas deal was just better …even with the picks even with the young guys …Dinwiddie is having a borderline Allstar year shooting 40% from 3 and 18ppg …DFS is a versatile 3 and D guy …plus a pick ..Lakers couldn’t compete with that …I’m actually shocked Dallas gave up so much for a rental TBH ..that’s the real news

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
orlando is in on FVV. they've been linked to him for a couple of years now. they're saying orlando gonna throw him major money in the offseason.
They can overpay him. :manny:

Could try to work out a sign and trade for one of their PGs though. What are they gonna do with FVV, Fultz and Suggs? Someone has to go. I’d be elated to get Suggs.

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall r brazy if u think this is juss about joe tsai

No doubt KD was consulted if not considered when bein pitched a trade that would send Russ back
. They may have only had a 10 percent chance of keepin KD once kai was dealt

But theyd have zero % chance if he was paired with russ again.. That would never happen

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Yall r brazy if u think this is juss about joe tsai

No doubt KD was consulted if not considered when bein pitched a trade that would send Russ back
. They may have only had a 10 percent chance of keepin KD once kai was dealt

But theyd have zero % chance if he was paired with russ again.. That would never happen

Always figured there was no way Russ ever stepped a foot in that locker room…assumed they would buy him out or something…or a third team had to be involved to get Brooklyn players….occam’s razor was never in our favor

seraphx

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

They been saying this all year lmao. No idea what the plan is moving forward. IF that's the case they needed to trade AD and Westbrook and start the rebuild NOW. You cannot have it both ways. You can't build for the future and plan on contending at the same time. It doesn't work when your salary is tied to a few guys.