Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Bron and AD gotta start showing up at the end of these close games too. It doesn't get any easier in the offs if thats the goal. They been weak closing this year.

This.

Bron and AD were fukking sieves vs NO.

If we got a couple of stops, that game ends differently. I'm still hot. :scust:

seraphx

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This.

Bron and AD were fukking sieves vs NO.

If we got a couple of stops, that game ends differently. I'm still hot. :scust:
I don't even wanna talk about that game. NO stole all of the momentum at the end of the 3rd and it was a wrap. A certain someone gave up an easy drive and then we had a lazy inbound pass.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Nikka if that happens me and Pelinka squaring up, on me.

How you black and you consistently talk like a cac trying to act black? We squaring up and catching fades on me :mjlol: Corny ass try hard nikka nerd

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
That mavs team imo looks weaker. They lost their best wing defender and dinwiddie was their best bench player. They added a bottom 5 defender in Kyrie.

Yeah, the moment I saw they gave up DFS it had me wondering. It's not like Kyrie is some great fit with Luka. They basically upgraded from Dinwiddie (averaging 18 and 5 on 41% 3pt shooting) to Kyrie (averaging 27 and 5 on 37% 3pt shooting) while losing their best 3-and-D player, several draft picks, and taking on the potential off-court unreliability that Kyrie brings?

Trade would have made far more sense for the Lakers because they need to get rid of Westbrook, their offensive creation has been uneven, and they need to take reps off of a 38yo Bron and constantly hurt AD. Dallas already had a top-10 offense but a terrible defense, this doesn't exactly solve their primary issues.

Low-key I feelt the Nets got a lot stronger. And it's way better for the Nets this year than the Lakers' option would have been.

Simmons
Dinwiddie
DFS
Durant
Claxton

Bench of Curry, Harris, Thomas, O'Neale, Watanabe, Warren

I feel like that squad could really play some defense. Maybe still one move away from contending.

Last edited:

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Bron and AD gotta start showing up at the end of these close games too. It doesn't get any easier in the offs if thats the goal. They been weak closing this year.

These games wouldn't be close if LA had shooters/wing defender/back up big.........If your 2 top scorers have to drop 70 pts for your team to win that means they do not have an adequate supporting cast.....Lebron is avg 30 ppg...how many more points does he need to avg?....35?......Management could've traded for Turner/Hield but chose not to...That would've given the Lakers a legit 3rd/4th option.

seraphx

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These games wouldn't be close if LA had shooters/wing defender/back up big.........If your 2 top scorers have to drop 70 pts for your team to win that means they do not have an adequate supporting cast.....Lebron is avg 30 ppg...how many more points does he need to avg?....35?......Management could've traded for Turner/Hield but chose not to...That would've given the Lakers a legit 3rd/4th option.
I understand what you are saying and I agree but, in the case when the game is on the line and close our two best players gotta take over and show up. That's what champs and closers do.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
The reason why is because this team is atrocious in the half court cause the spacing and lack of offensive plays/schemes. We're an elite transition offensive team , but the roster and rotations don't allow for them to maximize AD. Bron is leading the league in 4th qt assists and points (at least he was a few games ago)

It's partially on them I agree... But we traded a legit coach who was awesome on defense but poor on offense for a rookie coach who is pretty bad on defense and bad on offense.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The reason why is because this team is atrocious in the half court cause the spacing and lack of offensive plays/schemes. We're an elite transition offensive team , but the roster and rotations don't allow for them to maximize AD. Bron is leading the league in 4th qt assists and points (at least he was a few games ago)

It's partially on them I agree... But we traded a legit coach who was awesome on defense but poor on offense for a rookie coach who is pretty bad on defense and bad on offense.

Yeah, half court offense is wildly bad. Like, unbelievably stagnant.

Bron gets the ball and people LITERALLY WILL NOT MOVE. It's like, you got the best passer in basketball, but you refuse to cut.

It's uncanny :DWILL:

seraphx

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, half court offense is wildly bad. Like, unbelievably stagnant.

Bron gets the ball and people LITERALLY WILL NOT MOVE. It's like, you got the best passer in basketball, but you refuse to cut.

It's uncanny :DWILL:

Fam we been talking about this all year lol. We don't have the talent to run sets, which is why we run. This hasn't changed, them nikkas be lost out there at times.

seraphx

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
FVV And Gary Trent would work with the Lakers go get them Pelinka.
I'm ok with this I just think FVV thinks he deserves max money which will be a hard pill to swallow. Brunson got it so he prolly feel the same.