Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
im in the boat of no trades.

this is like when we gave up a pick for reggie bullock and our team still wasn't shyt. trade for kyrie and pay him 200M and continue this treadmill. once Bron is gone, you're stuck with ADNP and KyMe. that's easily and i mean easily the least exciting and least dependable max duo in nba history.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Vogel did the exact same thing with Russ and Avery Bradley guarding taller wings. The revisionist history on him is crazy. Maybe Laker fans will call Ham nice things when a 3rd coach does the same shyt :pachaha:
Bev is playing more than Bradley did and shooting worse.

I don't care if I take heat for this: Westbrook has been better defensively than people give him credit for. Made way more plays on that end this season than last year and he's held his own more often than not in man-to-man situations, even against bigger players. I woulda lived with him on BI instead of Bev tonight.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Bev is playing more than Bradley did and shooting worse.

I don't care if I take heat for this: Westbrook has been better defensively than people give him credit for. Made way more plays on that end this season than last year and he's held his own more often than not in man-to-man situations, even against bigger players. I woulda lived with him on BI instead of Bev tonight.
Bev is getting paid 13 million and was traded for so he can have a big role. At some point, we have to blame the person who himself called Bev a 3 and D wing day 1 and not other parties. I have said this before, but if two different coaching groups are doing the exact same thing, it says more about the FO than the 2 different guys. Every criticism Ham is getting now, Vogel was getting. If they want Ham to stop using Beverly as a 3 and D that the FO said he would be used as, trade for a wing defender. Go get Reddish, go get anyone else.

Should take zero heat, Russ on that end has done better than most, credit to him.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Bev is getting paid 13 million and was traded for so he can have a big role. At some point, we have to blame the person who himself called Bev a 3 and D wing day 1 and not other parties. I have said this before, but if two different coaching groups are doing the exact same thing, it says more about the FO than the 2 different guys. Every criticism Ham is getting now, Vogel was getting. If they want Ham to stop using Beverly as a 3 and D that the FO said he would be used as, trade for a wing defender. Go get Reddish, go get anyone else.

Should take zero heat, Russ on that end has done better than most, credit to him.
I didn't have a problem with Vogel. He was a really good coach put in an impossible situation last year.

Ham has put in a good offensive system but his rotations are idiotic. The front office let him bench Russ but is forcing him to play Bev like prime Artest? I'm not buying it, especially after they just traded for Rui.

Pelinka isn't the reason Ham leans on three guard lineups.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
I didn't have a problem with Vogel. He was a really good coach put in an impossible situation last year.

Ham has put in a good offensive system but his rotations are idiotic. The front office let him bench Russ but is forcing him to play Bev like prime Artest? I'm not buying it, especially after they just traded for Rui.

Pelinka isn't the reason Ham leans on three guard lineups.

I know you want to defend Pelinka but this is straight from his mouth. Vogel did the exact 3 guards lineups. The day I will blame Ham for this is the day Pelinka brings on a capable wing defender. Troy Brown and JTA are the only two wings and they would get cooked by good wings every game too. Stanley Johnson is the only good defender we have had there in the recent years. Its no secret that the FO is in love with guards and ignores the wing position every FA. They need to address it before the deadline.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Would the Lakers be better off trading for Kyrie/Harris, or facilitating a trade where they got back Butler/Curry?

IMO a closing lineup of AD/Lebron/Butler/Dennis/Curry would be better than AD/Lebron/Kyrie/Dennis/Harris.

Butler/Curry would give the Lakers a wing defender, a Legit 3rd option plus the shooting of Curry.

Kyrie/Harris would give LA another elite-level score but no defense...Harris hasn't been the same since the Buck series, I really don't trust him,
Butler as In Jimmy??

Where are you getting he’s being discussed :dahell:

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Butler as In Jimmy??

Where are you getting he’s being discussed :dahell:

I saw on Twitter that the Nets were interested in Butler, Adobeyo, or Herro......That doesn't mean it's going to happen...But if Miami was open to giving up Butler the Lakers need to explore all options in a possible multiple-team trade.....Just because we don't think it's going to happen doesn't mean it won't/can't happen....Competent GMs exhaust all options.