Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
People still talking Myles Turner. :scusthov:

Plays the same position as AD. :scusthov:

Trading for FVV and Trent when FVV will want an AIDS contract after the season as will Trent. Only Trent would be a possible asset going forward but it'll be Hield-like interest, which isn't much. :scusthov:
Also, Breh, nothing is free. I don't understand this mindset. Everyone can't be signed to a Reaves tier contract.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
AD misses 20 games minimum a year playing center. Turner can shoot a bit and is an all defensive level player imo.

You can't pay $20-25 million per for a backup plan. If they trade for Turner, they need to trade AD. It'd be idiotic to have that much money tied up in two centers.

Also, Breh, nothing is free. I don't understand this mindset. Everyone can't be signed to a Reaves tier contract.

Because FVV wants MORE than 4/$113 million. That is already a terrible contract. More than that is top five WOAT in the league.

A 29 year old midget guard having the worst shooting season of his career and he wants more than 15 a year can kick rocks. :mjlol:

FVV is the epitome of a JAG. And people are proposing giving up a first for him? :mindblown:

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
People still talking Myles Turner. :scusthov:

Plays the same position as AD. :scusthov:

Breh, that’s why we want him :DWILL:

Killer Center rotation with him, Bryant and AD and insurance in case AD goes down again, which seems more probable than not.

Myles gives us everything we want out of a big— shot blocking/altering, big scoring potential and knocking down threes.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Breh, that’s why we want him :DWILL:

Killer Center rotation with him, Bryant and AD and insurance in case AD goes down again, which seems more probable than not.

Myles gives us everything we want out of a big— shot blocking/altering, big scoring potential and knocking down threes.
You can't build a team on the expectation that someone is getting injured. $60-65 million for two centers is madness.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
You can't build a team on the expectation that someone is getting injured. $60-65 million for two centers is madness.

Breh, this is AD we talking about :comeon:

You HAVE to build with the idea that he's going to be hurt. The alternative is literally do nothing at that position, stick with Bryant (who has been excellent offensively, but below average defensively) and hope that's enough. We've lost enough games to know it's not enough.

Myles is worth what we'd be paying for him. :francis:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Breh, this is AD we talking about :comeon:

You HAVE to build with the idea that he's going to be hurt. The alternative is literally do nothing at that position, stick with Bryant (who has been excellent offensively, but below average defensively) and hope that's enough. We've lost enough games to know it's not enough.

Myles is worth what we'd be paying for him. :francis:
Then trade AD. You can't have both of them.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
Zach Lavine to lakers picking up huge steam...

fvv and gtg also.. supposedly fvv gonna sign with klutch too.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Then trade AD. You can't have both of them.

Honestly fam, I'm starting to get behind this. My barber has been saying this the past two years almost, and I've argued against him from jump.

If AD is going to continue being injured, his salary is taking up precious cap space that can be used on depth. We haven't been able to use him in 3 out of 4 years, and his injuries have made his acquisition almost as bad as the Russ acquisition.

Almost :lolbron:

But I'm going to push back on the idea that we can't have both of them. Actually, we can (and it almost happened on two occasions this season if rumors are to be believed, anyway). The money is nothing we can't figure out, but removing them 47 Ms that Russ is hoarding currently would help significantly.

Myles' current salary is $18m, free agent next season. Buddy is on a 2 year deal and is owed 21m this year, and 19m next year. We obviously have to get rid of Russ to acquire them this year, so we lose 47m and take on 39m, leaving 6 million to bring in ANOTHER player if the need arises. If LAL wants to keep Turner next year, his salary will almost certainly come down, especially because he WANTS to be in Los Angeles. We don't have to hook him to be here.

I think if the Russ domino falls, Pat Bev will probably also get moved, and that's another 13m coming off the books. This can be used for depth as well, or hell, to acquire a 2nd round pick, considering we don't need Beverly in any way this year. A team looking for an expiring contract might find that desirable.

Maybe I've overlooked something, but I'm not sure why you're saying we can't have both, so put me on game fam, I'm willing to hear you out :feedme:

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Zach Lavine to lakers picking up huge steam...

fvv and gtg also.. supposedly fvv gonna sign with klutch too.

Ain't Zach on a max contract????? :gucci:

Fukk that noise. We trying to get out from under bad contracts, not absorb another one. Buddy Hield's contract is already kinda nasty...